Which Fancy Feast variety is medium carb?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by tessielou, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tessielou

tessielou Member

Hi, my girl just surprised me with an all time low PMPS: 141. I went ahead and shot her 1.5 u, but I want to be ready if she drops low with the right carb level food. Does anyone know which Fancy Feast varieties are medium carb? I have a can called Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Salmon (not Classic) but can't find it on any food charts. If I don't have a medium carb food on hand, how much syrup/Karo shold I add to her low carb Fancy Feast?

Thanks!

2. Kurai & Daniel

Kurai & Daniel Member

The stuff with gravy is typically a higher carb. I wouldn't be able to tell you a percentage or anything! But I'm sure someone with more experience will come along shortly. They'll be able to answer your Karo question :3

3. tessielou

tessielou Member

Ok, thank you! I think she is moving up now.

4. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

The FF Gravy lovers salmon is a high carb food. On their list, it says 4.5 % - but that is not the dry matter basis. When converted it's over 20%.
    Keep an eye on your girl.

5. tessielou

tessielou Member

Wow! Thank you Jayne. I knew gravy meant carbs, but I didn't realize it was so high. I will definitely keep close watch on her tonight. This is her lowest numbers ever. I don't know if she will drop after +2, but right now she's at 164. I plan to check again at +3 (in 5 minutes).

Do you happen to know what Fancy Feast variety would be considered medium carb?

Thanks again,

6. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

I have a list from Purina for all their foods. If you PM me your e-mail I will gladly send it. (It doesn't go thru the board, I guess the file is too big)

7. tessielou

tessielou Member

Jayne, I would love to get that from you. I sent you my email in a PM. Thanks so much!

8. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

9. tessielou

tessielou Member

Ok, thanks squeem3, that's what I needed to know. Just want to be prepared for if/when he numbers get down in that scary low range. nailbite_smile

10. Lana & Yoyo

Lana & Yoyo Member

I give 1/8 tsp. I keep the Karo and a 1/8 tsp measuring spoon on the table where I test. I measure out 1/8 tsp and let my cat lick it off the spoon.

Lana

11. Annemarie/Tigger(GA)

Annemarie/Tigger(GA) Member

Could someone send me this list please?!

Thanks a bunch!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.