Which flea prevention/treatment?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MaryB & Chester, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaryB & Chester

MaryB & Chester Member

I know that some years, Advantage works better and in other years, Frontline is more effective.
    Which is the one this year?

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Susceptibility varies by region; your local shelters and vets may know what is working in your area.

Frontline Plus wasn't doing well in my part of Columbus, OH, so I was using Advantage II.

I also used Capstar to quickly knock out the adult fleas and reduce the laying of eggs. It is less expensive if you break the dog version into approximate equivelant doses (or a bit over) for cats. FDA documents showed it had a wide safety range (on my pc, not on my phone, or I'd post it.)

3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

I did not realize Capstar could be broken down in smaller doses for cats. I do break down the Advantage II into smaller doses for the cats.

This year I seem to have to keep switching between the Advantage and Revolution. They work fine for a couple months and then I notice the fleas coming back again and have to switch. Since we did not really have a very cold winter, they are bad this year.

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

link to previous post w/ PDF on CapStar

5. MaryB & Chester

MaryB & Chester Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.