Which glucometer do you use?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by TheBowHuntress, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Just wondering which glucometer people here use?

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I use a Bayer Contour. I've been using it since Gabby was diagnosed. (I also have the same meter as my back-up.)

3. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I use a Maxima as my main one, and I have an Infinity as a backup.

5. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Thanks to all

6. SabrinaFaire

SabrinaFaire Member

I have the Bayer Contour USB. I like that I can plug it into the computer to download information and it's small and easy to use.

I'm the one person that had a problem with a Relion meter, so I returned mine. I buy strips on eBay to keep the cost down.

7. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I use the ReliOn Confirm - it takes the smallest amount of blood and strips don't break the bank. Many times I only HAVE a small dot of blood to use. I've tried lots of others but this is my 'favorite' one that I trust more than any other.

8. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

I first used the AccuChek Advtange per the vet's suggestion. It worked well but needed a large 1 ul drop of blood and took forever to give a reading. I then got a free AccuChek Aviva meter (the old one, not the new Plus one). The Aviva is cat-friendly, uses a tiny 0.3 ul drop of blood, and gives a reading right away.

9. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

We use the relion confirm. Have used it since diagnosis (3 years ago). You can buy it at walmart and I order my strips off walmart.com website and it benefits fdmb! The strips aren't too expensive and it requires only a small drop of blood

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

I also use the Relion Confirm, and as Lyresa above stated, it swipes up the smallest dot of blood.

11. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

12. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I started with One Touch Ultra Mini, then switched to Relion Confirm, then switched to the Arkray Vital. I've been happy with all of them, but the test strips for the OT Ultra Mini were driving us into the poor house. I'm planning on sticking with the Vital, even though it takes a teeny bit more blood than the Confirm did.

13. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Be sure to use the affiliate link so that FDMB gets the commision :thumbup There's a blue Walmart ad link at the top of the boards and on the FDMB Shop page as well. If you don't see it, here's the link to use: http://linksynergy.walmart.com/fs-bin/click?id=tY/WJs4wLOg&offerid=223073.10003175&subid=0&type=4

There's an affifilate link for AmericanDiabetesWholesale.com as well, if you use other brands of test strips :smile:

14. Amanda

Amanda Member

I have a Relion Micro for Kazi - with a Relion Ultima as backup. Have used the confirm too, it had numbers very similar to my micro. The Ultima runs a bit lower than the micro on average.

15. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We first used the alpha Trak per our vet's recommendations. After a few months here and after switching to another vet with a bit more FD experience we changed to the human meter, our new vet used human meters. We have been using the relion micro and have the same as back up. We buy strips from ADW.

16. jennyb

jennyb Member

I use the freestyle light. It works so far.

17. Denise & Honey

Denise & Honey Well-Known Member

I have the Relion Confirm with Prime as backup.
    Trying to get my husband to switch to them as he has trouble getting a big enough drop for his OneTouch when testing himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.