Which Meter?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Micheeme, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micheeme

Micheeme New Member

Hi Just curious as to which meter you find works best? Right now I am just using my own meter but it's linked with my insulin pump so screwing up my own readings.

Thank you

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Many here use
    WalMart ReliOn Confirm or Confirm Micro, aka Glucocard 01 or 01 Mini from American Diabetes Warehouse because they work well and the strips are not that expensive.

3. Micheeme

Micheeme New Member

Cost of strips are no issue as they are covered under my insurance. Just wondering which Meter you have found gives better readings for the kitties. I am in canada too

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Do not get meters with "True" in the name. They tend not to read high levels well.

5. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

I know a few of our Canadian members like the Bayer Contour or the AccuCheks.

6. For Jack

For Jack New Member

I use the Relion Prime meter. I did have a Relion Confirm but started having issues with it being way off. I had been taking readings using my Prime and Confirm at the same time and on the same blood drop. The Confirm would initially be off by 100+ points so I would re-test with the Confirm and the 2nd test would be within a few points of the reading I had on my Prime. The Prime requires a bigger blood drop but I haven't found that to be an issue.

7. Micheeme

Micheeme New Member

I got the Bayer Contour USB as it uses the same strips as I do for myself :) plus my vet can download all the results :) thank you everyone.

KPassa and Elizabeth and Bertie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.