whiskas and pamper?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by inge, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inge

inge New Member

ok another question...I couldn't get hold of any of the fancy feast cans but have been feeding whiskas meat loaf with chicken...not on any of the lists...Ingredients: chicken( with chicken 4%min)beef,lamb,veal and pork, gelling agents, colouring agents,all essential vitamins and minerals.....no mention of any cerials...the garenteed analysis g/kg: crude protien 65 (min), moisture 850(max),crude fat 40 (min), crude fiber 10(max), ash 40 (max)...
    the other is Pamper by Purina ..Ingredients poultry and poultry by-products, meat and animal derivatives, binding agents, gelling agents, vitamines and minerals, colourants and flavourants....also no mention of any cerials in this one...guaranteed analysis g/kg crude protien 70g (min) Moisture 820g(max)crude fat 30g(min), crude fiber8g (max), crude ash25g (max)
    could any one give me the low down on these as it's all double dutch to me...and I am dutch ; ) for the rest the only other ones on the lists I can get hold of are the vet diets...

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Based on the ingredients, the food is very likely very low in carbs. I do not think the gelling agent)s) would add many carbs.

3. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

Based on the ingredients, the Whiskas sounds better than Pamper. The binding agents in the Pamper COULD be starch. It is hard to tell. The gelling agents are most likely gelatin or vegetable gums. Both are low carb.

4. inge

inge New Member

Larry and Karen, thanks for responding as I'm shooting in the dark here...had a horendous weekend with Ching BGing beyond my glucometer's scale...ie 33.3 oml/L...so I'd say in the 600 +...from him eating of all things Hills MD dry...to this even pre shot 20...on the tinned food...we did have a hickup at lunch time where he had some again....and voila over 23...from his 18.7 this morn...I know the numbers sound incredibly high...but this cat just seems to laugh the highs and lows off...he was at the vet's 1.8...and 2.1 when I saw him on Sunday morning...not yesterday but the Sunday before...and perkey and bright eyed as heck at 2.1...funny thing I can basicaly tell now when he will be HI...well kinda...but he bleeds like a tropper..not so much when he's in the lower teens...must be something to do with elevated blood pressure??...and he gets that glazed look and lays or want's to lay flate on his belly...which he did every time after he ate the Hills MD dry...so on ward we march with the wet...have only given him a very skinny 2iu this eveing...I've read what's been said with insulin and changing diets...still a newbee here but learning very fast..and faster it would seem than all my vet's put together...but then I was like that with my horses as well....thanks again Inge and Ching

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.