Whiskas Savory Pate question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chris & Tucker, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & Tucker

Chris & Tucker Member

Morning all!
    Whiskas Savory Pate comes in 3 flavors I'm interested in giving Tucker and Sophie. I can't find the carb content on any list. The 3 are:
    1) Roasted chicken dinner in meaty juices
    2) Roasted turkey & Giblet Dinner in meaty juices
    3) Seaside Selection with tuna in sauce.
    Ingredients don't seem to show any starch, grain or rice. These are the little tubs of food.
    Anyone try these? Thanks....

2. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

I checked out the ingredients on their web site and there's no source of carbs any any of them, so I would say these are safe to feed.
    http://www.whiskas.com/meal_time/trays/wh_chicken.aspx
    http://www.whiskas.com/meal_time/trays/wh_turkey.aspx
    http://www.whiskas.com/meal_time/trays/wh_searedtuna.aspx

I'm not sure what the price is like for these, but these look to be about the same quality and size as Fancy Feast, so they should roughly cost the same as the classic FF pates. If they're significantly more than that, I wouldn't buy them.

3. Chris & Tucker

Chris & Tucker Member

Hi Julia,
    Thanks for checking on the ingredients for me. I think Whiskas is about .55 for a little tub, but it has more "jelly" that Tucker and Sophie love! The list on the tub is soooo small, I can barely read it. On the info you sent, dried yams are listed, but way down the list even below color, so it's probably a very small amount.
    Thanks!

4. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

When veggies are that low on the list, you don't need to worry about them. If you have a veggie as a top ingredient, that's a different story, and I would definitely call and get the as-fed info at that point if I still was thinking of feeding the food.

5. Chris & Tucker

Chris & Tucker Member

Both Tucker and Sophie love those three flavors. They seem to eat up more at one time, vs that of FF. It has 3.5oz and seems to have more moisture.

6. Holly & Dagda

Holly & Dagda New Member

I saw these and wondered the same! Dagda loves that jelly/ water stuff so I'm thinking she mIght enjoy these too. Just want to make sure they're safe! I've tried several brands so far ( FF,friskies,wellness,authority..) She sticks her nose up at everything but FF classics... sigh.

7. Ry & Scooter

Ry & Scooter Member

My Scooter really loves these. The flavors are different in Canada and more traditional, ie. Chicken Dinner, Turkey and Giblets, Beef dinner, etc. they are nice because they contain more food than Fancy Feast and the resealable lid is very convenient. They are a bit pricy (here at least) so I stock up on them when they're on sale. Yes, they are very soft (close to the consistency of Wellness) and have a good amount of fat jelly. Thumbs up from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.