Whiskers AMPS 340 help with dosing

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cheryl & Whiskers (GA), Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

Hi,

Whiskers glucose was kind of high last night PMPS 12/14 460. This morning 12/15 AMPS 340 a little lower. I am going to try to get another blood glucose in about a 1/2 hour, before I go to work. Whiskers best numbers were from Oct 18th to Nov 28 when she was diagnosed with another urinary tract infection and pancreatitis. At that time she was changed to 2 units by the vet. Than she got another urinary tract infection and seemed to be rebounding so the vet want us to go to 1.5 units. Still not much better now holding at 1 unit. What should I do?

Thanks

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Given: I'm no expert.

Ask Sienne to take a look at your spreadsheet; those erratic numbers could be due to too much insulin. (Spitzer was bouncing around those high red and pinks with dashes downward to yellow and blue.)

Also - how's the raw food diet going? What ingredients/product are you using? Changing the food may have changed the insulin needs.

3. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

I would wait for expert eyes on this... but it looks to me like an increase would probably help....based on what I'm seeing in Whiskers' ss.

But like I said, please wait until someone who is better equipped to give this kind of advice comes along...

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Hi Cheryl, I see you are just getting started here in LL, here is the link to your previous condo. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32047&start=0 We like to post the link to the previous condo so that people can easily go back and see what has happened previously. You can go to your old condo and copy the url from the top of the window and paste it into your new condo.

As far as dosing, the 1.0u dose is a fine place to start out. The preshot tests you are getting are showing that it's safe to give the shot, but you need to get at least one spot check per cycle besides the preshot tests so you can see how the insulin is working. Lantus dose is adjusted by nadir, not preshot numbers, so you need to get some mid cycle numbers so you can see how low Whiskers is getting. I realize that you work, so I would suggest that you get a test before you leave for work, and then get another test before bed at night, in addition to the preshot tests. Getting a curve on a day off is helpful as well, that will help get an idea where Whiskers' nadir is.

I would not increase the dose until you get some nadir checks. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25244&start=0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.