Whiskers LOVING MISS WITTY

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cheryl & Whiskers (GA), Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

Whiskers seems to be doing ok this morning. It is our second dose of Trilostane, we have to watch for possible side effects, but so far so good. I am hoping it will improve her QOL. We are back to her normal dose of 2.5 units of lantus last night and today, after her lower AMPS of 175 yesterday. Her numbers seem to be all over the place the last couple of days.

Whiskers has lost some hair on her rear. I believe it is a result of the cushings disease. It is hard to see.

Hoping everyone is doing ok, and thank you all for your support.

2. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

Re: 01/10 Whiskers AMPS 336

still thinking of you and praying for you two....hope Whiskers responds to the treatment

you are doing a great job!

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, Cheryl & Whiskers.. our hearts & heads are always thinking of you & praying for the best.. I suspect Whiskers may have went green or low blue last night & maybe seeing a bounce this morning. :YMSIGH: on the wee bit of hair loss.. barely noticable though & I suspect you are doing everything accurately for your little furball :YMHUG: Have a great night!

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you see improvement and no side effects, Cheryl. Come one down, Whiskers. You don't need to be on the pink floor.

5. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Good luck with the Cushings treatment. Loss of hair could definitely be a sign of cushings.

What side effects are you to watch for? I know you have to worry about them going the opposite of cushings - addisons. Is this the main concern? Ensuring you are at the right dose?

6. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Yes the opposite of Cushings is addisons, other things to watch for if the trilostane drops her blood cortisone levels too far are Anorexia, weakness, vomiting, lethargy, signs that she is not feeling well. And of then of course there is the adrenal cancer. I'm afraid I am really struggling with all of this. I am going to have to try to find funding for the surgery if we are able to make her strong enough to withstand the surgery, the IM vet said it could cost anywhere between $2000.00-$4000.00. :YMSIGH: . Or she will die.

7. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Long shot - but does the vet do charity surgeries at all or have a compassion program of any kind?

Good to know about the side effects.

8. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Re: 01/10 Whiskers AMPS 336 Malignant Adrenal Surgery?

I could ask. The IM vet wouldn't do it. It would be oncologists I have yet to meet.

9. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Cheryl and Whiskers))))) support and healing vines hoping that drug helps

10. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Whiskers does well on the drug. I just can't imagine everything you have been through -- you are one strong lady. Continued prayers and healing vines.

11. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Re: 01/10 Whiskers AMPS 336 PMPS 228 LOVING MISS WITTY.

I wish to extend a personal thank you to all who visit our condo not just today but every day, Claudia, Georgia, Lisa, Karrie, Ele, and Nicole. I know we mention it often, but we do really, really, appreciate you support and prayers.

Miss Witty has surprised me tonight. I went to get her and she laid right down on her favorite velvet pillow on our bed (the one in her avitar), it is really soft, and she stayed there :mrgreen: . She usually gets up 4 to 5 times before settling down (if we don't get shuned for the night), in seach of food (even though we pick up all the food bowls after dinner) and I have go and get her 4 or 5 times. But not tonight, she is calm and sleeping, she groomed herself too :mrgreen: . So I think maybe the Trilostane is helping her feel better (she has now been on it for 24 hours), if everyone could keep fingers and paw firmly crossed and also keep us in your prayers, we would be so grateful. I want so much to help her, I wish we could rid her of her cancer too.

I don't want her to leave us, I love her so much, It kills me to think of her suffering the ravages of cancer. I feel like I am missing her already. Sorry tears now too. :oops: .

Well I'm sorry if I am wearing my emotions on my sleeve. I hope you will all understand.

Have a good night. We are keeping others in need in our prayers too, Claudia and Rocket, ele and Blackie, Christie and Willie, Perry and Sooty, Michelle and peeps, Nicole and Baby, and anyone else I may have forgotten.

P.S I was wondering if Celi knows a good shrink, I think I may need one. :lol: :lol: :lol:. Or maybe Wine will do instead :lol: .

12. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Re: 01/10 Whiskers AMPS 336 PMPS 228 LOVING MISS WITTY

Well I was wrong, she spent a half hour on the the bed and than left. It's baby steps, a wing and a prayer.

13. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Good night all,

I tried to visit as many condos as I could tonight. If I missed anyone I sorry, things are so hectic now for us. I will try to catch up again tomorrow or the weekend. :oops: .

I'm just soooo tired now. Hopefully I can get some sleep, it would be nice for a change (I guess worrying will induce sleeplessness).

Thinking of all the kittys in need and their beans. :razz:

14. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Cheryl - I hope the meds are helping Whiskers. I think it is so great that she went to lay on her favorite pillow - even if just for a while It's small steps, but a great one.

I am proud of you guys - you are doing all you can for her, to support her and care for her, and you continue to love her. Things like these will continue to help her, carry her through tough times. You and Whiskers are in our thoughts are prayers daily.

15. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

prayers, love, and positive thinking...we're willing to do WHATEVER might be the trick to helping you and your sweet girl!

holding you and Miss Witty very close in our hearts...

(have you read ANY of my posts, girl? do any of them sound like i know a good shrink? :lol: :lol: )

celi

16. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Thank you Celi. I really appreciate everyone's Support.

Your post are very funny (my sister thought laughter was the best healer).

P.S. I'm sorry I haven't posted anything new today. I'm just sooo worn out. Whiskers was good this morning, all meds and food in place. Gave her some protien snacks before going to work. I'm glad the weekend is here. I have a lot to do this weekend, figuring out how we will care for Miss Witty. Tears now :YMSIGH: .

17. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

We understand Cheryl (((Big Hugs))). All fingers and paws crossed here. I am keeping possitive thoughts and prayers for your girl to feel better and better :YMHUG: I hope you get a really good night's sleep tonight, and have some hopeful and inspiring dreams.

18. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Cheryl, we are thinking so many positive thoughts for Miss Witty and for you. You are doing a marvelous job and Whiskers is being helped. Just the fact that she stayed for a while on her favorite pillow shows that she has become more comfortable and wants you to know that. I hope that the medicine will continue to work and that all of the variables will sort themselves out so that you don't have to worry so much. Just take each day as it comes and continue to love your kitty. Love is the best treatment!

Many, many :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Ella & Rusty

19. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

take one day at a time Cheryl...that's all you can humanly do...love her and tell her so....

keeping you still on my daily prayers...chin up...and yes...i do know what you mean about baby steps...you see the old Whiskers only to be reminded a few minutes later it's short lived...it is heart breaking indeed...but don't give up so long as she is comfortable and not suffering....

20. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Cheryl))), it just break my heart, that you and Whiskers are going through this. I am keeping both of you in my prayers, and holding you in my heart.

21. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

tiger hugs

[​IMG]

22. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Chery I pray this med is helping your Whiskers and sending you a GIANT (((((((hugs))))) TONIGHT [​IMG]more healing vines and snowflakes being sent

23. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Hi all,

Got home tonight and Miss Witty was waiting at the door for me (like she has been for a couple months) when she hears my car pull into the gargage. It makes me happy to see her waiting for me. Her BG's have been pink ever since we went to 2.0 units one morning, she had been yellow for a week. I want her to feel better not worse :?: .

She sat on the bed for 15 minutes tonight. I look forward to the middle of the night when she comes back. I told my husband tonight that I do not want her to go (die). He said she's not going right now and that we all die someday :?: .

Ok, well I'm in bed now and it's late, have a good night.

24. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

many hugs for you and whiskers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.