Who has adopted from DCIN?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Grayson & Lu, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! I was checking out the Facebook page for DCIN earlier today, and saw several familiar names and faces. How many of you out there have adopted one (or more) of their kitties? How great is that! Kudos to you - and Kudos to them for seeing to the future of these needy babies! Great work all!

2. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: Adopted from DCIN

I adopted Oliver through DCIN March 2010.

3. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Adopted Maxwell Oct. 15th 2010

Adopted Musette June 25th 2011

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

4. Laura and Harley (GA)

Laura and Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Molly, adopted September 10, 2011

Hadley, adopted October 29, 2011

ETA: Bagheera, adopted June 3, 2012

Click on their links in my siggy for their stories...

[ETA: Sorry, I had to remove the links to Molly and Hadley's profiles to make room for Bagheera, my DCIN foster's spreadsheet. The board doesn't allow more than 5 hyperlinks in a signature. :? ]

5. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Adopted Hope from post on FDMB 9 1/2 years ago.

Adopted Mishka from a list sent out on diabetic needing a home 8 1/2 years ago.

Adopted Vinnie from DCIN 2 years ago.

6. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

That's awesome! I guess once you get accustomed to caring for a diabetic cat, another one isn't quite as overwhelming. Thanks to all of you for what you've done and continue to do. Hopefully, more people will want to step up and do the same.

I read about a beautiful kitty in the Raleigh shelter that was pts before they knew about DCIN. A terrible loss, but likewise a learning opportunity for them... which clearly made a difference for Chewy, currently in foster care. Some wonderful babies, tossed to the curb. And to those that give them a second chance, you're amazing! Thanks to DCIN for all they do!

Lu-Ann

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

if I were to get another cat, I would purposely look for a diabetic.

8. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Adopted Tiggy, Feb 2009, through FDMB (before DCIN started)

Adopted Rusty, March 2010 -- who was rehomed in November to Ella and Ed (he insisted on being an only cat and didn't get along with my other kitties)

Currently volunteering for DCIN assisting with Transportations (making Google maps for road trips)

9. WickedSteppMom

WickedSteppMom Member

Adopted Frankie January 2012

My preschooler told me that we needed to get another kitty from the kitty diabetes store, since we already knew how to take good care of them. As it turned out, we just had to wait for shipping! :lol:

10. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Lu-Ann, did you know DCIN is looking for help? I can't do as much as I have been for a short time and we were already understaffed before that.

DCIN is growing and due to that growth more cats are coming our way. As Phoebe noted she helps with transports, there are other folks who help as case managers, but anything you are good at or are interested in helping with, please feel free to let us know.

The kitty you read about in NC was Molly, I tried to adopt her and Hope and Venita did everything they could to rescue her but we were too late. Only a few weeks later another diabetic named Sam was surrendered there. I did adopt him and renamed him Sweet Potato because my resident cat Sam would not share his name :) I think two more have come from there including Chewy, I want to say Hue might be the other.

I have adopted quite a few FDs from DCIN and was lucky enough to adopt an amazing Cerebellar Hypoplasia kitty named Lilly Grace from this board.

11. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I would also purposely adopt another sugarcat (if finances permit). Before KT was dx'd, I didn't even KNOW cats got diabetes. My vet knows to call me first if a newly dx'd cat's owners surrender for pts because of it. I'll somehow get that baby to safety!

12. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

Since Sneakers insists on being my only cat I will have to wait a while before getting another cat- and it will be one with FD I am sure.

Currently I try to help out if there is a call for funds for vets or travel (not much, but what I can give at the time).

13. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

I adpoted Spock from DCIN, but unfortunately he doesn't like it at my house and is looking for a home with less kitties. Here's Spock's blog. He's a really sweet guy but I have been unable to integrate him with my others. :sad:

14. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Well-Known Member

Not me. My diabetic cat had a lot of other complications that really ran up the vet bills. It's not an experience I'm looking to re-create any time soon.

I also have a multi-cat household with several senior kitties with health issues of their own. Add in my own medical bills from the past year and I can't even afford to adopt a healthy cat, let alone a diabetic. I won't take in any cats that I couldn't afford to provide the right treatment for.

FYI, there have been adoptions and transports happening on this board for many years now, even before the creation of DCIN. They're just more organized now!

15. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

If I lived over there I would adopt Spock. I really like him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.