Whole Earth Farms Cat Food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by manxcat419, Sep 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

This may already have been discussed, but I was talking to someone from one of the FB renal groups yesterday who let me know that Whole Earth Farms have changed some of their formulas. The biggest change appears to be to the Duck flavor food. We were talking about it because of the huge hike in phosphorus from 0.72% to 1.66%. But it looks as though the calories from carbs have also bumped up to around 16%. So if anyone's feeding that and feels their cat is running higher, it's probably the change to the food. There's a table of the new protein/fat/fiber dry matter numbers here too

Attached Files:

2. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

How frustrating. I just got some of this for my two CKD girls, liking that it was all right if Felix got into it. You'd think they'd know that choices are limited in low-phos food and they'd want to keep their market share of it.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  3. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

It's such a pain when manufacturers change foods and don't even tell people. A lot of the foods I relied on for Rosa to handle both diabetes and CKD are no good anymore. It feels as though these places must know we rely on them to help keep our cats healthy but they just don't care enough to keep their food the same.

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

In the past, I’ve sent emails to Wellness, Nature’s Instinct and Merrick (all high quality foods) asking them to consider keeping phosphorus and carbs low since kidney disease and diabetes are major problems in cats. All said they’d pass on my concerns to their development teams. Whether they did or not or whether the development teams cared or not remains to be seen. But maybe if they get enough emails they might take notice.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.