Who's Your Kitty...Creating a Profile

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marje and Gracie, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

We'd like to ask you to update or create your kitty’s Profile. Ronnie (Luna) did such an awesome job on the original post that I am "borrowing" her superbly written text (below) to explain why we are asking for Profiles and to lead into updated instructions. Thank you Ronnie!!!

Keeping Profiles updated keeps all kitty’s info as a quick link and you'll avoid everyone asking you over and over
    "What do you feed?" "What meter do you use?" "What health issues are there?"

For example, the following are some of the things you can put in your Profile.
    Plus, feel free to add anything else that you think is relevant to your kitty's history.

• New and old juice? Did you switch insulin and when? What insulin were you using prior to switching to Lantus?
    • What's the scoop? Diagnosis date, kitty’s age and current weight (and ideal weight if you know it – Is your kitty over or under weight?), health issues (such as pancreatitis), current medications, recent diagnoses, history of ketones/DKA, etc.
    • Feed me NOW! Did you change food brands, transitioned from dry to wet? Feeding raw? What's your feeding schedule like?
    • Meters. What’s the name of the glucose meter you use? Did you switch to a shiny new meter? Do you have back up meters?
    • Newly OTJ? Has your sugar kitty gone to the Falls? What was the date of your last shot?
    • Extended fur family. Who are your other fur-kids? You are welcome to include extended “fur” family (i.e., those with skin, feathers, fins, scales, etc.,)
    • Where do you live? Just kidding! (but you can include your city and state/province and or country)
    • Who's the bean? Who are you? (completely optional)
    If you have a Profile set up, look through it and see if it needs updating.

If you have not created a Profile, it would be really great if you could. It’s not mandatory, but it does help others get to know your kitty and helps those who are trying to help you with dosing.
    Have a look at some of our signatures and see what a Profile looks like.

The other benefit is when you post in other forums of the FDMB, others will know your kitty’s history by quickly clicking on your Profile (this is especially important if a LL member is posting in Health and there is more extensive medical history in your Profile)

Feel like being creative? Google Documents lets you play around with colour and text. Have fun with it.
    Did you know you can also add pictures and links to your Profile?

Following are updated instructions for creating a profile. Please PM me if you need any assistance :D

• Step 1: Obtain a "coolification" which is at the following link: Coolification. If you scroll down on that page to "Basics", you'll see a form of sorts to complete; when you've completed it, then after "You're Done", click "gimme code". It will open a separate box with a bunch of info in it starting with <br>
    • Step 2: Right click and highlight ALL of the text. For a pc, then hold "control" and "c" keys; for a Mac, hold "command" and "c" keys.
    • Step 3: Be sure your google account is open and you are signed in. Click on this link: Create a site
    • Step 4: Select "blank template"
    • Step 5: In the box which states "Name your site" type a name such as "XXX's Profile". You can also use your user id. When you name your site, it will then also put it in “Site location” below the “Name your site” box.

• Step 6: Scroll down and you will need to type the garbled code in the box entitled “Type the code shown”.
    • Step 7: Click "create" at top of page (red box). If the site name is already in use, you'll get a message: "The location you have chosen is not available". You'll have to go back and redo steps 5 and 6. When you click the "create" box, if it states "please wait", then it is creating your site.
    • Step 8: You'll get a page that has the name of your site and "Home". At the top right, click on the little "pencil" icon box in the upper right corner which allows you to edit the page.
    • Step 9: On the tool bar above the text area, on the far right, click on <HTML>
    • Step 10: You'll get a text box that starts with <br>; put your cursor before the <br> and then do hold "control" and "v" keys (for pc) or “command” and “v” keys for mac, and it will paste in that long codification text you copied before in step 2.
    • Step 11: Copy the <br> and paste it at the end of EVERY line.
    • Step 12: Click on the "update" button at the bottom of the page
    • Step 13: If you need to go in and edit anything, you can, but be sure you then click "update" again. Then click on "save" in upper right corner.
    • Step 14: Click on "Share" in upper right corner and copy the URL in the box; then I would highly advise that you click on the "change" box by "publish on the web" and select "anyone with the link" and then "save".
    WHEW....just a few more steps.

• Come back to FDMB and go to your "user control panel" and then select "profile" and then "edit signature".

• You'll get the big text box where you already have the link to your Spreadsheet. Under the link to the Spreadsheet, click on the "URL" button and then paste your link in between the boxes so it looks like this: paste your link.

• Now modify it by removing the second bracket and replacing with an "=" sign and then putting the bracket you removed at the end of "link". See Step below to see how it looks.

• Title it by putting your cursor in between the two url boxes and typing in whatever you want...like "Kitty's Name" Profile so it will look like this: "kitty's name" Profile

• Highlight the entire link including the brackets and url boxes and then click on "B" in the upper left corner above the text box. This will bold Kitty's name when you are finished.

• Click "submit" and you're done :D

ETA: If you want to load a picture onto your profile then while you are in "edit" mode, under "HOME" you will see "Insert". Click on this and then select "image". This will let you browse to the image you want and then it will automatically start to upload an image. When it is finished, click on "ok" and it will put the image in your profile. However, it might put it in as a large image but when it adds the image, you'll see a toolbar that says "image link" and three small boxes in the middle "S" "M" "L". Click on "S" for small, "M" for medium, or "L" for large and it will appropriately size your image. Save your edits before you close :D

Please help us to keep this current by bumping it up. Thanks very much!!!

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  2. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

3. squeem3

4. squeem3

5. squeem3

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

7. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

Bumping! (Because I'm surfing around the site and it said to bump. So I'm following instructions like a good doobie!)

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

@Darcy Kul ....I think you might have meant "newbie" (or noobie), not "doobie"....a doobie is a totally different thing [​IMG]

9. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

LOL! I'm showing my age ;) Yup, a doobie can be a number of things! But I remember as a kid, the term "good doobie" (now a doobie is something Cheech and Chong are famous for . . . cripes . . . Cheech and Chong. There I go showing my age again!)

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  10. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

11. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Profiles are SO valuable, plus they are a fun way to tell your story.

Did you know that with this board software, you can create your profile right on this site? There is no need to create a google doc unless you want to. It will appear right in your User Profile on the board. To view my profile, just click on my avatar, then click Profile Page and click on the Information tab. Easy-peasy!

To create your profile on the profile page, just click or hover over your name toward the top of any page and click Personal Details, then type whatever you want. You can even use formatting. If there is a limit on characters it is a pretty big limit. I have details on three cats and didn't run out of room.

13. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.