? Why are there different reading on syringe

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bee, Jul 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bee

Bee Member

So my vet had told me the 1st line was 1 U come to find out he showed me the ZERO mark. So i restarted with .5 then moved to .75 . Almost to the 2nd line of the syringe .I have 0.3ml 31 gauge they have the 1/2 markings. So a full 2nd line would be 1 Unit correct? Then the 3rd 1.5 unit so on and so forth. I've seen different readings from different sites and post. Some show 1unit as the first line other don't. It' just confusing . So whats what ? Are they the same different ? Maybe i am looking to much into it . I just want to make sure i know what i am dong and talking about . I'll post a picture of the syringe i have and the others i found online.

Attached Files:

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

The first line on all syringes, just below where the needle attaches to the barrel is the zero line. The Zero line is the first longer line. On half unit marked syringes, there are two sets of lines below the zero line. Those on the left designate 0.5u and those on the right designate full units. On a 30 unit syringe, every 5 units the full unit line on the right is longer with a number beside it (5, 10, 15 etc.).

Right now, according to your spreadsheet, you are giving Rocky 0.75u so the edge of the black plunger should be lined up between the first short line on the left (0.5u mark) and the first short line on the right (1.0u mark).

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This looks perfect

Bee and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Just to clarify: the photo in Chris and China's post just above is showing 0.25 u.

Bee likes this.
  5. Bee

Bee Member

Ok thanks for the clarifications . I have it right. Just wanted to make sure

6. Bee

Bee Member

So im going to move him to 1 unit . see of it helps going to be testing more mid cycles . and if that doesn't work do i move straight to 1.5 or do i do in between 1 and 1.5?

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

We recommend dose changes of 0.25u (in between the lines) so you don't skip over the best dose. Small changes can make a lot of difference for some cats.

Bee likes this.
  8. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Ideally you'll move to 1.25U, in between 1.0 and 1.5U :)

Bee likes this.
  9. Bee

Bee Member

Thank you all so much! I don't know what i would do without all of you guys. Seriously I'd be so lost . Slowly but surely getting the hang of this

10. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

You are doing so well with asking good questions. Keep up the great work! It will get easier as you find your routines. :bighug::bighug:

MrWorfMen's Mom and Bee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.