Why so low? How to combine SS?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shana Martin, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shana Martin

Shana Martin Member

Okay so let me start at the beginning lol.

I ventured to Petsmart a few days ago to stock up on some FF canned food and tried to feed the cats, they didn't want to touch it.. Of course, they decide they didn't want it anymore once I stocked up lol :banghead:

I have made the switch over to Friskies, which they seemed to love last night when they tried it. I gave Abby her usual 1.25 units and then about 1.5 hours later it didn't sit well with her stomach and she had such bad diarrhea. I had to change the entire fresh litter box :(

So this morning I went to do my usual AMPS with my Alpha Trak (that has been acting funky) and she tested 31!!!! I almost died inside. I thought that maybe I didn't get enough blood on it so I tried to do it again and it kept giving me the dang error message. I ran into the room and got the Relion Confirm meter and tested her. First test said 69 and then I tested right after and it said 83. After she ate she got up to 90 which was about 45 minutes later.

Anyway, my question is why do you think she dropped so low over night? Maybe because she pooped out all of her food and the insulin didn't have anything to use? Idk if that is even a thing... That 31 number freaked me out so I felt a little better once it got to 69 using the other meter.

Also, now that I am changing to the Relion Confirm for daily tests (Alpha only for curves, too expensive and the other one takes WAY less blood) how do I mix this into my Alpha Trak spreadsheet now to match the new number key for Human Meter?

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

How as Abby acting at that time? Sounds like AT meter or strips are faulty since the Relion would've been even lower than the AT.

3. Shana Martin

Shana Martin Member

Yeah my Alpha Trak has been acting super funky lately... I finally have a day off tomorrow so I am going to get a new battery and test.. If that doesn't work I am calling the company because it is only like a month old..

She was acting fine and normal! Not lethargic or anything..

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I can convert your SS for you (I developed the current SSs). If you can send me a PM, I'll get the info I need to convert it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.