Why wait ?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Queed, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

How much time do you have before you need to leave? If you can wait a little bit and test again, it will be easier to determine a safe dose.

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I agree. Have you fed yet? I do think it’s best to let him stay at the hotel. He’d probably be kind of stressed and uncomfortable with you and might get pretty chilly too.

3. Queed

Queed Member

I can wait another hour , I tested at 7:30, I can check again at 9:30

Djamila likes this.
  4. Queed

Queed Member

Yes he will be cold, he loves his heated be and it has to be plugged in.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I certainly wouldn't give 3.5 u again. Let's see where he is next test. If you had to rush out I'd have said drop his dose to no more than 2.5 u. I tend to like the approach of possibly dropping it a bit too much and having to work it back up instead of shaving off "just enough". That's best used when you have A LOT of data and your kitty is more settled in his responses.

I agree with leaving him in the room if you can.

Rachel and Djamila like this.
  6. Djamila

Since it sounds like he's already had a lot to eat, I would imagine in an hour he may be high enough for you to give the regular dose. Definitely leave food out for him regardless. If he's still not high enough, but at least over 200, you can give a small dose like Kris suggested since you don't have enough data to know if he's safe.

7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Yes let’s see where he is next test. Djamila and Kris gave great guidance.

8. Queed

Queed Member

I will check again at 9:30, yes he ate 2 cans leaving very little of the second and would have liked a piece of Acana Duck and Pear dog food it’s very big kibble so I was able to get it away from him. He’s taken a little bath, I haven’t seen him do that in a very long time and now he’s sleeping.

Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
  9. Djamila

Sounds like a pretty normal pattern after a meal! Eat-bathe-sleep. Sometimes with a litter box trip tossed into the mix. Sounds like he's a good traveler!

10. Queed

Queed Member

9:30 check, back up to 331

Djamila likes this.
  11. Djamila

I haven't been following your situation as closely as Kris and Rachel have, so I'm a little hesitant to suggest a dose. It looks like he's high enough to shoot, although it also looks like 3.5u was too much last night. Maybe try 3? It doesn't look like Kris is online right now....

12. Kris & Teasel

You could try 3 u. I wouldn't give 3.5 u. Get a test in between AM and PM shots if you possibly can.

13. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Sorry I got stuck in a meeting. I agree I think 3 would be good.

14. Queed

Queed Member

I gave him 3.

15. Queed

Queed Member

5 1/2 hours after 3U it’s 94 ! That’s good right ?!!

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  16. Kris & Teasel

That's fantastic! I'm so glad you got that test - it proves the value of getting a mid cycle BG measurement to assess a dose. Looks like 3 u was a good call. Let's see where he is at tonight's PMPS.

17. Queed

Queed Member

This might sound strange, but he’s kind of really relaxed, I would want to worry that maybe he’s lethargic and feels better at the 130 mark, but I read that letter and I know he would normally be sleeping right now while I was at work, I offered a half a can of food and he ate it like he’s starved. He’s purring.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  18. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

That is FANTASTIC! What a great mid cycle!

Yes, that letter really does speak the truth. Cats sleep a lot, it's just how they are. :)

19. Queed

Queed Member

7pm check 402, and I have another question. This contour next meter asks if fasting, before meal or after meal. I don’t know what to pick since he’s eating all the time now, the difference was 418 fasting or 402 before a meal , he was going to snap at me if I poked his ear a third time to see what after meal read What’s your suggestion on his dose tonight?!

20. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'd stick with the 3 for tonight I think. 3.5 brought him pretty low and I think that 402 is a bounce. My theory is 3 units brought him to a lovely mid cycle green, but 3.5 made you have to stall for a few hours before you could shoot due to it's long duration. So maybe 3 units again would bring him to a lovely green again and hopefully give you the option to shoot at the normal time in the morning.

As for the meter...I don't know. My meter didn't ask my questions!!! ;)

21. Queed

Queed Member

Okay ! 3 it is !

22. Queed

Queed Member

Dang it he pulled away. I don’t know how much he got , he’s feeling feisty , I’ll get a check before bed . Have a great night all !