Why would a cat lick the carpet? Does he like++

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RuthV, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuthV

RuthV Member

the feel of it on his tongue? He started this about a year ago. He has licked the fur off the top of his right front leg.
    Should i try to stop him or let him have at it? Thanks for any thoughts.

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Might have him check for anemia - we have someone else here who's cat eats carpet but can't remember who right now...sorry, gray hair growing into brain... :roll:

HUGS!

3. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

The licking the fur off concerns me a little, like maybe he has allergies. Not sure about the carpet licking, unless it is the same spot every time and there was something there? Mine will lick the carpet when they are bathing themselves, not intentionally though.

4. RuthV

RuthV Member

No - it's wherever he happens to be lying and gets the urge. OH, it is not constant - don't get me wrong. But it's annoying to listen to 5 minutes of that.
    -

5. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

One of ours licked the carpet last summer (or maybe the summer before?) not too far from the door and windows. We discovered we had ANTS not far from the house and they had found their way in. He was actually eating the ants! We couldn't see the little varmints in the carpet, but he could :D

Libby

6. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

And here he is thinking "MMMM protien... MMMM" :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.