Wild Calling food and carbs?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alexis & Nikki (GA), Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis & Nikki (GA)

Alexis & Nikki (GA) Member

Is anyone familiar with Wild Calling food? I came across them and they claim to be 96% meat based. The only ingredient in the list I thought might be questionable for carbs is the brewer's yeast. An online carb calculator shows a 5.5% carb load. Just was curious if anyone fed this and what they thought. I'd guess it isn't on Dr. Lisa's list yet because it's fairly new....

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Looks to be a regional product - Colorado.

What is the price per can and can size?

You can contact them and ask for the as fed values.

3. Alexis & Nikki (GA)

One of the sites I use to buy food (Pet Food Direct) has a flat of 24 5.5 oz cans for $37.99 to $40.99, so about $1.60 a can. A whole lot less than Ziwipeak!

I'll definitely touch base with them. Just wasn't sure what the right wording was on what I needed to ask them. :D

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Here this may help you:

http://binkyspage.tripod.com/canfood.html

If you have "as fed" information (not so-called "guaranteed" or label values) . . .

. . . And you'd like me to add them to the food tables, please e-mail me at binky dot cat at sbcglobal dot net. At the very least, I need "as fed" values for protein, fat, and carbohydrate. It would also be helpful to have "as fed" values for phosphorus, fiber, water, ash, and calcium, along with calorie information. I cannot use any number which is labeled "maximum" or "minimum", because it is by definition not an accurate value.

5. Alexis & Nikki (GA)

Thanks! I e-mailed them asking for "as fed" values and they provided me with a spreadsheet that has the same "guaranteed analysis" numbers as their website. Not sure how to ask for it differently....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.