window perch

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by scoobydoox, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

2. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I would trust the suction cups to hold. How high are your windows? Would doggy steps make it easier for you cat to get to the window sill?

3. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

from the floor to the window sill is about 4 1/2 feet, not sure doggy steps reach that high?

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

5. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

6. Erica & Carter

Erica & Carter Well-Known Member

I don't know if your cat could use this because it still involves a bit of jumping but I bought this for my cats:

Catty Stacks

They are very inexpensive compared to a lot cat houses or perches, and they can hold a pretty heavy cat. Carter at his heaviest was 17pounds and he could use them just fine. The other two are 13-15 pounds. All of them like to lie in the bed and look out the window.

Here's a picture to show you kinda. They can be stacked however though.

Attached Files:

Critter Mom likes this.
  7. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

One uses double-sided tape to hold the upper end to the window sill. The other uses velcro wiht one part of the velcro has tape on the back.
    Both have curved legs that angle back to the wall at the bottom

8. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Critter Mom likes this.
  9. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

We bought similar window perches (similar to the linked ones above) many years ago. We never had luck with velcro versions, but the screw-in versions held up relatively well. The cats loved them, although the fabric sagged over time due to their weight. Eventually we made our own perch for the cats. We used a piece of laminate MDF as the base, put a 3-inch lip around 3 sides of it (stained to match existing woodwork), and then mounted it to the wall right below the window using decorative shelf brackets. We then put just a regular cat bed on it; the lip prevented the bed from sliding off. Since we mounted it to studs and/or used wall anchors, it was super sturdy. So...if you're handy, it's another option to consider, although jumping up might still be a problem.

10. Squeaks & Nemo

Squeaks & Nemo Member

Look up Jackson Galaxy and catify. Could you mount alternating shelves up to the window so there's only 'stepping' and no jumping? You can get a stack of sturdy shelves for almost nothing. Maybe glue/staple some scrap carpet for grip on them.

Jan Radar (GA) and Critter Mom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.