With many thanks to all who helped us get here...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by rozie99, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rozie99

rozie99 New Member

A couple of photos of my grandmother's cat, who we inherited in late April when she went to the nursing home. His blood sugar bounced around, but started in the mid 500's. He was 10.2 lbs, weak, and we honestly thought we brought him home with us to make him comfortable since he is 16 years old. A few posts and a lot of reading on here taught us much, and loving treatment and help from our much loved vet...

And here is Cricket the cat now. He's testing regularly under 200. He's 15 healthy pounds, as he is a large cat. Thanks to Zobaline, we're seeing improvement in his neuropathy. Thanks to Cosequin, his arthritis is improved. He now regularly jumps on the couch and our bed.

And I wanted to show you all, and give a huge thank you to those that patiently provided guidance for us. :smile:

Attached Files:

2. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

We love hearing such great news! Keep up the good work and give Cricket a scratch behind the ears from me.

3. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Just AMAZING! It's hard to believe it's even the same cat!

BIG HUGE HUG!!!! AND DANCE STEPS TOO!!! THANK YOU!

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

those pics look like two different cats. Wow! He looks great now!

Good job.

5. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I think this needs to be our 'Poster Child' cat - I had to stop in again this morning just to see the difference again. WOW! BIG DANCE AGAIN TODAY!!!!

6. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Wonderful post thank you !!!

7. Chris & Tucker

Chris & Tucker Member

What a Beautiful kitty ! Job well done !

8. rozie99

rozie99 New Member

I don't think we could have done it without all the helpful information on this site and the support of folks like all of you who were willing to take time to read what I was struggling with and answer my questions. We sure made a lot of mistakes at first. But in a short amount of time, life started to return to Cricket's eyes. It's the eyes that strike me. When we got him, there was only dullness and pain in his eyes. Within a few weeks, a strong spark had emerged. Now, he's downright cantankerous and full of demanding cattitude... so all is right in the world.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
    You are the most amazing community, and I appreciate you more than I can say.

Lori

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.