Wizard

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kak123, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kak123

Kak123 New Member

Hi my name is Wizard I am a Maine Coon Kitty who is 7 years old with diabetes, I live in Hanover Pa with my owner Kathi. We have been fighting this diabetes thing for around a year and have had no success so we are going to try testing, food cha nge and lots of prayers.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Kathi and Wizard, welcome to FDMB. I am sorry you have had such a difficult time with Wizard's treatment.
    First, congratulations on your resolve to test (one of the very best tools to keep Wizard safe and to see what the insulin is doing/or not doing for him). If you need help with getting started with testing, we can help.
    Second, yes, most of us had to make a diet change and not all kitties have been agreeable to that. We can offer help on this issue, the kind and carb % of the food, plus tips for changing over if need be.
    I suggest you create a signature that will display with each of your posts. See the lighter gray text beneath FurBabiesMama's and my responses to you? It give pertinent info so we don't have to continually ask and you don't have to continually answer.
    Here is a link to do that: SIGNATURE
    We also use a spreadsheet to track the insulin injection times and doses, plus all the pre-shot tests and all the other tests during each cycle. That shows how the insulin is working or not working for Wizard. Here is a link to that: SPREADSHEET
    Post in the Main Health forum with questions, issues, concerns. Check out the specific insulin support forum for the insulin you are using. Help is here! Best wishes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.