Woden update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Woden's_mom, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

Woden is ketone free for the first time in 5 days. woo! and he has allready stated to take to his cat treats. Next step is recovery or the hills brand r/x food for appitite stimulent. He is soo put off off the seringe he yowls everytime I get out that towel to feed him. But everytime I go into the kitchen he beggs for food but just had not got the muster to eat it yet. If he goes like he did last time we will be eating normal by monday.

2. Jana+BK+Chester(GA)+Wilbur

Jana+BK+Chester(GA)+Wilbur Member

This is great news! I know how worried and upset you were, and I hope Woden's progress is helping you feel better, too. flip_cat

3. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

I know I will be feeling better when I can sleep though the night wihout waking up to poke the cat to make sure he is still alive.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

HAPPY TEARS!
    jeanne

5. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

wonderful news!!! I look forward to the next post saying he is eating all on his own!! You are one special bean to that kitty ...

6. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat Keep mixing that Clinicare in also until he is eating well on his own. It gives the liver everything it needs and we don't want to see any fatty liver start. Fantastic news :mrgreen:

7. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Great news!

how long will he be on antibiotics for? How are his blood glucose levels?

8. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

well his bs was at 153 last check administered .5u, we got another 3 days of anti's yet. And he is still getting his electrolie laden sub-q's and pepcid.

Oh and he ate his own dinner tonight. :eek: I will feed him atm anytime he says he is hungery to me just cuse he is only eating small portions at a time. I will supplement feed if he does not consume enough food by later tonight.

9. laur+danny+horde

laur+danny+horde Member

great to hear Woden is doing better. You don't need to feed prescription foods - take a look at the ingredients and you might just reconsider. They are generally very expensive for poor quality ingredients. For appetite stimulation, ask the vet about cyproheptadine. Many cats get a great boost in appetite from 1/4 or 1/2 tablet. It is wonderful stuff.

I hope you will get a good night's sleep soon. I know how awful it is to wake up with a jolt, afraid for your kitty.

laur

10. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

Why should i get a pill when 2 tins of perscription recovery diet and he is back to eating anything. Works with him every time. Something about the smell of that stuff. And it's easy for me to seringe. After he is eating normal back to his regular Pate FF.

And this cat is a beast to pill let me tell you.

11. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

great news!

celi & binks

Attached Files:

12. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

3 more days of antibiotics...for a total of how long? If he has two back to back infections, the first one was likely not resolved in the first place, so he should likely be on this batch for at least 10 days. Did your vet do a culture test to determine which antibiotic he should be on?

13. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

Can't afford the culture yet for this time around(work owes me 2 paychecks now ).. total of 5 days on Enrofloxacin. The first time we were 10 days on amoxicilin.

14. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

I am very happy to hear this. Thumbs up!

15. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

So, we had to find cash for the culture >.> Glad we decided to stiff the rent man(he owes us a non moldy and uncollaped celing in the main hallway before that sumbag ever sees another dime grr_red ) Woden kinda gave us little choice. He peed a bit o blood late tonight so we took him in confirmed and infection and are now getting a culture done to determine what to hit it with.

But other than red pee, everything else is getting better, he is back to prowling around the house, is eating pretty much on his own and just this morning I saw him drink. Even the vet was a bit puzzled by the fact that nothing else seems to be bothering him.

16. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Mom, this is such great news.

17. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

You ROCK Mom. Keeping Woden in my prayers but this sounds promising. :)
    jeanne

18. Woden's_mom

Woden's_mom Member

So we just peed again, no noticable blood this time, but now he is crying off an on(hopefully thats just a sign of his uti). Sigh, just when one thing getts better something else pops up. We will not get the culture back till tuesday. The suspence is going to drive me nuts and I hope nothing else i wrong with woden now.

19. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Just keep an eye out and make sure he can "still" pee.......you don't need a blockage happening. Glad you were able to get a culture run too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.