Wolfie update: our weekend.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cheryl and Winnie, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

First I want to thank all of you for your kind posts on our previous threads along w/ your prayers and good wishes. It means a great deal to us. I told him all about it. Thank you .

He is currently in his little snuggle bed on the bottom of my bed. He is comfortable.

tonight we went outside at around 2am for an hour or so. It was very muggy all day and so we waited.
    He loved it. sat w/ me on the swing and then got down and walked around the porch a bit and snooped in the garage. He even ventured out in the rain to eat some grass.
    It really perks him up to be outside. We have been out every day this weekend.
    Also having movie/ lap time and singing show tunes -- his favorite. well he wasn't up to singing along. so he put up w/ me singing our favorites for both of us. (don't you all wish you could hear that? LOL)

The dex is kicking in . Really po'd at the spec hospital , after 2 days of calls and promises of returns nada.
    so I went by what was done for Winnie. I upped his dose on my own ( he gets pepcid before each dose. )
    and put him on a 3 day loading dose. He is still wobbly and weak and sleeps most of the time.
    But is having quality time . still using box, still washing self. still purring . pain is under control .

He has asked for treats a couple times. likes the bounce treats ( I bought lots of different kinds)
    He asked for food on his own for first time tonight. ate 1/8 FF and a bite of wellness turkey/salmon.
    and a dollop of rediwhip. :smile:

I have been assist feeding him -- he got very yowly the first couple times. scared me. we have done it many times before no issues. I think it hurt and I felt awful. but with the dex in. he is doing fine w/ that now.

As much as I look at each moment of eating grass and walking around, and purring away and snuggling as all wonderful signs. and the interest in food --- he is still one very sick kitty.
    one minute I think we have to call the vet. next I think he will be fine for awhile. a roller coaster. I'm a wreck. I think the full effect of the dex should be seen in a couple days and know if he will rally for a bit longer.

Bad news --- re his goopy eyes that I originally took him to vets a week ago sat -- they were well checked and nothing found and given ointment to keep them happy. ( I had been at home and was helping)
    sat. out of no where ( remember I put ointment in a couple times a day ) a growth on the upper right eyelid appeared. It is about 1/4 of the edge of the lid going out to the outside. It is black, raised , textured. He keeps his eye closed much of the time. It looks like the pictures of melanoma on my derms wall.
    google search says that is rare in cats. and looks like could be SCC. :( of course, those are just my guesses and I am not going to torture him w/ a vet appt.
    seems like some switch got pulled inside him and his immune system just went into a free fall to let all this happen.

tomorrow first day back from holiday/vacation for our vet. need to call to ask Q about some med.
    and yes to talk about situation. don't want to. <sigh>

Hopefully the rain will stop so we can have a day out. I cancelled all appointments I had this week.
    This is his week. his time.

Please keep your kind prayers, good thoughts and vibes for Wolfie coming.
    It helps. truly.

thank you again for your care and support.

2. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

(((cheryl))) (((wolfie)))
    you were both in my thoughts all weekend
    i'm glad he seems more comfortable now

rediwhip? confused_cat

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Of course will continue prayers, I know just what you're going through. You're a good momcat.
    Jeanne

4. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((((((((CHERYL))))))))))))))))))))))

You are such an awesome mommabean. Even tho he is sick, I know he is happy. Sending many many cyber hugs to you.

5. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

whip cream in a can. loves it. you mean you don't buy it for mewozi and calli? well I guess it is a little sugary .
    maybe just a little lick next special occasion ?

6. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

sounds pretty good, cheryl, all in all.
    hope you get more quality time with him and peaceful feelings for both of you.
    will keep praying he feels better for a good while. glad you're getting to enjoy the great outdoors. :)

7. Patticass & Tyler (GA)

Patticass & Tyler (GA) Member

I'm glad to hear he is feeling more comfortable and enjoying some outside time. Still sending prayers and strength to you both.

Patti

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

(((((cheryl and wolfie))))) to have such loving peaceful days together...that's all anyone can ask for. wolfie has the best mamabean ever, sending you love cheryl.
    lori
    and tomtom too!

9. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

continued prayers for you guys ...

10. Connie & Em (GA)

Connie & Em (GA) Member

this sounds so much like my end days with Em. She used to go outside as a young cat, but transitioned very easily (too easily) into an indoor only cat for 10+ years. As she faced the end she would often ask to go outside. She walked so slowly that I wasn't concerned, and we would wander around the house, sniff the flowers or soak up the heat on the driveway.

It is such a special time to cater to your kitty knowing that spoiling is the gift you can give at this time, and it is much appreciated.

May you have many more special memories before time runs down.

Connie

11. Sherry & Squirt (GA)

Sherry & Squirt (GA) Member

continuing to send prayers and positive vibes your way (((Cheryl & Wolfie)))

12. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

my thoughts and prayers remain with you guys cheryl

13. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

(((Cheryl and Wolfie)))
    sending love...

14. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I am keeping you and Wolfie close in my thoughts, Cheryl.

15. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Holding you close and keeping you and Wolfie in my thoughts and prayers Cheryl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.