wondering about when to decrease dose

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Connie Kaplan, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connie Kaplan

Connie Kaplan New Member

Hello
    I have recently tried lowering my kitty's dose of Lantus to 4 units - for 5 days now. Finally this am his amps was 240 and I went ahead and gave the 4 units because I have a tendency to change the dose too often and I'm trying to get a handle on a dose before i have to go away and leave him with a pet sitter. I just got home and tested him at +7 and it was 429. I couldn't do any before this. Should I have reduced the dose this am? I just feel like no matter what I try, it doesn't work! O was feeling encouraged with the lower number and now it's high again. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. If following SLGS your reduce number is 90. With TR it’s 68 using AT and under 50 three times with a human meter since your cat is a long term diabetic. I’m not familiar with your cat so wonder if there is a reason why you thought a reduction might be warranted.

3. Connie Kaplan

Connie Kaplan New Member

I was just wondering why his number jumped up at +7 and was thinking it was caused by too much insulin. Thanks for your comment!

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He could be bouncing from the yellows. Hope he comes down tonight.

5. Connie Kaplan

Connie Kaplan New Member

That's what I was wondering about the yellow number. He keeps bouncing. Keep waiting for it to settle down enough to do a curve. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.