Wondering where my greens went... Acceptance & Affirmations.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Supurrkitten, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supurrkitten

Supurrkitten Member

HI all excuse me while I ramble. You folks are the only ones who understand.

Fergus was on 1.5 and was doing ok but his BS dropped so I adjusted him. I think the antibiotic upset his stomach a bit and he had not taken the CERENIA, so that could have effected his numbers. I messed the decreases up a bit and as you can see on his SS he is now steadily on 1.

We had a few days where he was not eating well. I think this is how we got green then frighteningly IMO lows. I got him to eat again and he is on 1. I am wondering if the 1.25 was best but he just did not eat. We are only 3 cycles into the 1 dose. I want to stick it out so I don't miss that right dose.

Please tell me that he will get back to green and I didn't decrease incorrectly. I know no one can say he will get green, it's just I am feeling a little guilty/fragile about this. I know that seems silly though.

I will stick to 1 unit until we get at least 6-7 cycles before I decrease, if it is needed. I recognize I am inpatient. I am sure I am not the only one who is ready for their cat to get better. I think I am in the denial phase of grief. I need to accept that FD is a lifelong diagnosis and not be hoping so hard for remission.

Today I will be happy my cat is with me.
    I will be happy his BS is in the 100's (if he doesn't snag the kibble).
    I will also be happy that Zobaline offers some hope for getting his neuropathy under control.

I will acknowledge how happy seeing Fergus waiting in the window for me yesterday made me. I was so proud of him for getting up on the bookcase to look out the window for me. I know he may not always be able to but he is still trying and that makes me think he still wants to get better and he is not in pain.

Thanks for listening. Trish :cat:

Picture for attention, LOL. This is where I found Fergus when I came home yesterday.
    fergus waiting for me.jpg

Squeakycats likes this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Maybe have a read through the sticky on Lantus dosing methods (TR or SLGS) to see which suits you. Once selected, a set of guidelines gives you a really good structure for dosing. You can switch between methods whenever you like unless he eats any dry food. This would mean using SLGS.

Yes, acceptance and affirmations in big doses will be helpful. This is truly a marathon and not a sprint. Patience needs to be in plentiful supply. :)

3. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Hang in there. Diabetes is treatable. Ha. My spellchecker changed treatable to beatable, which is also true. It could be so much worse. Fergus is a good greeter!

4. Supurrkitten

Supurrkitten Member

I have committed to SLGS. So I will wait the 6-7 cycles. Just missing the greens, BUT NOT THOSE SCARY NEON GREENS.
    Thanks <3

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It would be helpful to us if you added SLGS to your signature info - the grey text under your post. :)

Supurrkitten likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.