? Wonky numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Olive & Paula, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I thought I saw a sticky somewhere here about wonky numbers. Can someone point me to the info? Thanks.

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

3. Olive & Paula

4. Olive & Paula

For those following the Tight Regulation Protocol with Lantus or Levemir: "If the cat will not stay in the normal range after a reduction, immediately increase the dose again to the last good dose."

So let's say I gave 2u at 7am and he goes hypo so you reduce to 1.75u for PM. And he is high for next AM. you increase? But if he went hypo you increase back to what made him hypo. This is where I'm confused.

Or is it because Smokey isn't in normal numbers to begin with so failed reduction is not possible yet???? And it is always a bounce.

A second cause of a bounce is if a cat drops very quickly. 100 points in an hour, for example, regardless of the range the BG number is in, can cause a bounce as well.

So, what to do now? don't increase the dose because of these higher numbers. once this bounce clears, which can take up to 3 days of high numbers if mr liver is super-active, then if you had increased the dose, it would be too high. you are entering the phase of treatment that we say requires "Patience Pants." when you think you're seeing a bounce, you have to wait it out, then you can see what the dose really does. You will know the bounce has cleared when you start seeing numbers you were seeing before - like that 148 again.

This is what is confusing. Increase immediately or wait it out because it's a bounce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.