? Won't stop throwing up

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peppersmom72, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peppersmom72

Peppersmom72 Member

HELP!! Here we go again. She's throwing up everything in her tummy (water/bile) Won't eat and now she can't have her Cerenia because it hasn't been 24 hours. The Emergency vet is closed because it's Easter. Now what do I do? Plus, no insulin will be given at 730.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Emergency vets are usually open on holidays. Check. So sorry she’s throwing up again.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I would call the emergency vet. Hopefully they are open.
    Don't forget, not enough insulin plus not enough food plus an infection or other systematic stress is the recipe for ketones to develop.
    I wonder if a teeny amount like 1 teaspoon of all meat (no vegetables!) baby food like once every half hour would help.
    Best Of Luck to you and Pepper.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I wonder if she has acid reflux. Does she have any famodadine? Maybe she would be tempted by tuna?

5. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

off the wall answer/suggestion that won't hurt to try; try 1/2tsp of vaseline. my cat was like yours, we couldn't figure out problem nor did food changes help and pepcid ac barely helped. it turned out he gets blocked up from digested hair not getting hacked up or being pooped out. after i give him the vaseline, he poops like a medium size dog and no more throwing up for a few days.

6. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Hope you can get a hold on an emergency vet but if not you could try omeprazole 5 mg, not a fan but if nothing else is available it could help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.