Woody's PMPS =181. What do I shoot?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ellen and Woody, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellen and Woody

Ellen and Woody Member

Hi all,
    I need major help! Woody's AMPS= 294 shot 2.75/ +4= 241/ +12=181!!! Looks like he is on a slow decline. Do I still shoot 2.75???
    HELP!
    Ellen & Woody

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Without having more data on him it's hard to say what's safe and what isn't

You can try "stalling", DON'T feed and retest in 20-30 minutes and see if he's continuing to drop. If he's heading up without the influence of food, it's probably OK, but you'll want to be able to test tonight which means being able to stay up if necessary, and have enough testing supplies if you need to use them (and some high carb food or Karo just in case you need it)

3. Ellen and Woody

Ellen and Woody Member

Unfortunately I just fed him. I am trying to keep a consistent dose, which is what everyone is telling me, but I am afraid to give him 2.75 u if he is falling! Why would he go down when he is usually going up at this time?
    Ellen

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

There's no good answer to that

He could have been getting too much and dropping it today is helping, or he could have eaten less today or he could just be being a cat.

If you can test tonight, I'd probably just go ahead and shoot the 2.75 and see how he does

I'm having computer problems tonight, so I can't guarantee I can be here later, but I'll see who I can find who's usually around later at night to watch for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.