WooHoo! Lucian's PZI is here!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by nckitties3, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nckitties3

nckitties3 Well-Known Member

Just got email from the Vet, it came in today and is in their fridge waiting for me. Told her I would pick it up in a day or 2, depending on the weather.

I need a favor, need a name of a Canadian Pharmacy that is dependable. My Vet asked me to recommend one for one of her patients, a large dog that needs insulin.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Is your vet looking for an on-line Canadian Pharmacy or a brick and mortar store pharmacy?

Good luck with the new insulin.

3. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will be just the ticket for Lucian. :D
    And once you get the hang of dosing with it I'll know who to go to if I ever get a sugarcat that uses it.

Mel and The Fur Gang

4. nckitties3

@ Wendy, she needs an online Canadian pharmacy to recommend for another patient. Not sure for which insulin, but if I remember right, it was Lantus.
    I had told her I got Lucian's Lev from a friend that buys thru Canada, but I can't reach her.

@Mel, I have no clue how to use this stuff! :eek: But i guess I'll figure it out. Especially since Lucian is going higher since I increased his dose, as per usual. :sad:

5. hollyall

hollyall Well-Known Member

Fingers and paws crossed for Lucian and PZI!

6. MommaOfMuse

My recommendation would be to ask Sue and Oliver (GA) on how to dose it. She's my PZI guru.

Mel and The Fur Gang

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I don't know any online pharmacy that ship to the US. You might try posting on Health to see if someone there deals with online pharmacies in Canada.

8. MommaOfMuse

Had to do some digging in the filing cabinet but the one that I used when I had Musette was: canadadrugsonline.com it was the one DCIN was using at the time. Only used them once before Musette passed so since that's been almost 2 years ago not sure how current my information is but they were excellent back then.

Mel and The Fur Gang

9. nckitties3

Thanks Mel! I'll check it out.

It's funny, I put a post on the main board and got no response. I know damned good and well a lot of people use them, but why they won't admit it is beyond me. It's not illegal.

10. nckitties3

I posted on PZI for some general info that I didn't find in the stickies, hoping Sue will chime in. :D There aren't the definite rules as to dosing, time frames etc, all I found was that PZI doesn't last but 8-10 hrs and nothing on dosing except to start at .5. I need more than that to go on, I'm not a noob. :lol:

11. MommaOfMuse

What little I know about it is that it can be dosed on a sliding scale..dosed off preshots as well as nadir, there is no shed. The PZI ISG is pretty quiet during the day except early am and p.m.

Sue does have a primer she's working on in Think Tank because as I understand it there isn't a protocol for it.

Mel and The Fur Gang

12. nckitties3

I'm chatting back and worth with Sue on PZI. I did read the protocol she wrote in the stickies, but it's not sinking in and I feel pretty damned stupid.

13. MommaOfMuse

Don't feel bad they are completely different acting insulins and you have to unlearn everything you learned about one to work with the other. But if anyone can get you on the right track it's Sue. She's been doing it since before I got here.

Mel and The Fur Gang

14. hollyall

hollyall Well-Known Member

Yep... Sue is the one who helped me when Max was first diagnosed and was on PZI about 3 years ago. She was great, really great! And I know just how you feel about learning how a new insulin works and it not all sinking in. That's how I was when Max relapsed and we started on Lantus. Even though it had been almost 3 years in between, I found myself thinking and wanting to adjust the dose like I had for PZI.

15. nckitties3

Got to get the Lantus/Lev out of my brain. Would have been easier for me, if Lucian hadn't already been on other insulin.

I'll get it, just gonna take a bit. I'm so used to having set rules to go by, it's gonna be strange for awhile.

Was looking at Dr. Hodgkin's TR protocol for PZI, that's intense. Dunno about that, but if the PZI can't hold him 12 hrs, I may have to, we know how Lucian is. :roll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.