Working on getting Tyler Regulated--Baby Ste

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CatMamaG, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatMamaG

CatMamaG Member

Hi,

I wanted to start a separate thread, as I am working to get Tyler Moo Moo's blood sugar adjusted. I will work on getting an electronic blood sugar results spreadsheet soon (if I seem slow with everything, I am a single Mom to multiple cats and 2 little human children, working overtime this month, 2 dogs, and 7 foster kittens who should be going to their respective rescues next week--whew! Tired just tying this lol).

I will work on getting samples of the dry foods recommended on my intro post next week, or maybe online if I get a chance at work this weekend.

The vet recommended to me doesn't believe in home testing, but I may hit her up with the fact that I am starting it next week when we go in. His BS was jumping between 400-500s and 50s every other week, until the last few weeks, when it has been in the 500s. I will post it when I get a minute. We are up to 2.5 of the Lantus twice a day.

I started home testing with my new Relion a bit ago, and we are getting a system. He doesn't like the pokes, & was hissing at first, but I think we are getting better. (Thanks for the tips, the videos, etc I found here).

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Glad you've started testing. Be sure to give treats after every poke, even if you don't get any blood. It will get easier!

3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

He will learn it's a positive experience and associate it with the treats :cat:. No need to apologize G, we know people have busy lives here. If you want I can set one up (spreadsheet) for you so all you'd have to do is start putting his numbers in and enter back data as you can :)

4. CatMamaG

CatMamaG Member

Yong, that would be GREAT!

What kind of treats are good/safe?

5. Yong & Maury GA

6. Yong & Maury GA

Oh and I sent you a PM, top right has section "Inbox", for your Spreadsheet :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.