Worried about the numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Merry, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merry

Merry New Member

Hello, I can't tell if these numbers are too low. All of these numbers are from after Bubba ate. He eats all day and night long, he has no set schedule but he only eats 1-2 cans of Hills MD per day. I'd really appreciate for someone to look at his spreadsheet, thanks.

2. ChEMom

ChEMom Member

Merry, I'm pretty new here myself, so all I can tell you is what others told me about my sugar boy, Dimitri, which is to test more often.

It's really hard to see what's going on inside Bubba with only 1 number from each cycle. You don't know how low or high he's going. It's good
    to get a +2 reading anytime you see a number you haven't seen before. Like, this morning, Dimitri surprised me with a 62 before his shot. So
    I made sure to check him 2 hours later and I'm glad I did because he had dropped to 39 (so we had a bit of a crazy day getting his sugar up and keeping it up.)

None of the numbers that I saw on Bubba's chart make me think "hypoglycemia," but they do make me wonder what come later in his cycles.

I hope that helps until the wiser folks come along.

3. Merry

Merry New Member

Thank you, yeah I should be checking in between. Especially since you told me about your scare, I hope all is well and back on track.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Bubba's numbers today are in the normal blood glucose range for cats. I would continue to not give insulin and test him twice a day before meals as you have been. If he continues numbers like this after 14 days without shots, we consider cats to be in remission. :cool: If his numbers creep up above 120, then post for advice about restarting insulin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.