Worried & Frustrated Re: Difficult Cat

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Louellen, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louellen

Louellen Member

Good point! Isn't methylcellulose what swells in the stomach to make one feel fuller faster? If so, wonder if that's why they put it into the "diet" foods? Or am I missing a point somewhere. (I usually am) ;)

2. Louellen

Louellen Member

Thanks SuePea....I was going to think about getting these....then hubby quashed it, saying that we have what looks like a mini-pet food store in our pantry cupboard already. I have every flavour of freeze dried product they make and she won't even look at them. I think I will wait to see if you and whomever else gets them, tries them and what your cats think of them first. (Not being horrible...just have to live with Hubby!) I might try the chicken/chicken liver next as treats. She won't even look at tuna and I'm baffled as she used to nearly knock us over to get to it years ago. Her tastes have certainly changed. Mind you...when you're being offered a half dozen different foods and flavours in 3 days, it's little wonder that Ms. Priss there, doesn't want anything but what she fancies that particular day. ;) :)

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  3. SuePea

SuePea Member

I ran into that "finicky" thing with Charlie when I changed his food too frequently. He'd never been choosy before but when I changed his food 4 times in a month, twice in 2 weeks, he suddenly got on his high horse. I had to back off and do the gradual thing. I won't get to Petco until next week, but I will tell you how he does!

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Only do that if there are no additional seasonings, especially no onion and no garlic. These are toxic to cats.

5. SuePea

SuePea Member

garlic, too? I knew about onion but not garlic.

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Good point BJM! Should have mentioned that but I forget what a boring person I am when it comes to food. I like to taste the main ingredient without the addition of extra flavouring except for butter of course!

7. SuePea

SuePea Member

What about eggs (hardboiled or scrambled without milk)? I know cats often are lactose intolerant and milk products may not be a great idea...

8. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Cooked eggs are fine. There is a lactose free product called Cat Sip; it is not carbohydrate free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.