? Worried, he licked meat juice with Spices

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Darnell & Sprocket (GA), May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

I am worried, my Sprocket just licked the pan I had on stove with paper towels over the pork tenderloin juice with spices that cats should not have like garlic n onion. What do I do??

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Option 1) go to an emergency vet
    Option 2) call a pet poison hotline
    5. Kansas State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital

About: The Kansas State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital offers a FREE 24-hour poison control hotline for pet and animal guardians as well as veterinarians. The vet teaching hospital asks for your patience when you call, as the person answering the phone may need to take a few minutes to consult with the vet on duty.

Pets they can help with: All pets

Phone: 1-785-532-5679

Hotline hours: 24-hours a day, FREE to call"

Option 3) home monitoring

The dose makes the poison. How much, volume wise, did Sprocket eat? How much did you use to season it?
    Provide fresh cool water; offer other food to eat. Monitor for signs of lethargy.

3. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much, a small amount just one time probably isn't going to do anything, maybe a little stomach upset. If you have syringe with no needle, you might want to try getting a little extra water into your kitty, it'll help flush it out faster.

4. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

He probably licked the amount in size equal to a dime size. I tried giving him some 1%milk but he doesn't want it.

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Free phone service listed above.

6. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

I don't think that small amount will be a problem. Again, try to get him to drink some water, milk can cause diarrhea in adult cats.

7. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

I called the college and they are not answering, although I think there are tornados in Kansas today.
    And the rest have fees of $65, $35. I don't want that.
    I will give him some food with water mixed in. And keep an eye on him. Aspca does have a poison info section on their website. It says could cause gastrointestinal upset.
    Thanks. Hope all goes well.

8. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Maybe check with your own vet in the morning.

9. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I would notbe concerned with that amount at all.

Mogmom and Goofus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.