Worst night of my life.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by David & Kitty, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David & Kitty

David & Kitty New Member

I know I was fairly new here, but I had to let the best thing that has ever happened to me go tonight. She saw her usual vet last Friday to teach us how to use the glucometer and give the injections, and the plan was to start the insulin yesterday. Well, Saturday she stopped eating. We took her to the nearest emergency vet, and she had been there since. She was treated for dehydration and ketoacidosis. Her condition worsened over the two days, and this morning she was moved to the ICU. We went to visit her and bring her blankey to hopefully raise her spirits, but when we got there, her caretaker had just received today's blood test results and it showed more abnormalities than normalities. She could barely hold her head up or move, and only perked up for a brief second when we she saw us. The vet said she was most likely barely clinging on and fighting hard, and recommended considering euthanasia. We decided it was best to end her suffering.

Rest well Kitty, you'll never be forgotten.

2. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.....

Fly free sweet kitty and play with all the ones who have gone before.....they will take great care of you at the rainbow bridge until you can be reunited with your human...

[​IMG]

3. sueandsamwise

sueandsamwise Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. It never gets any easier. :sad:

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Kitty.

{{hugs}}

5. Skunky's Mom

Skunky's Mom Member

So very very sorry for your loss :sad:

6. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

I'm sorry it was time for Kitty to go. I hope good memories help your heart heal. Land softly sweet Kitty.

7. terriy

terriy Member

Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family. So sorry for your loss

8. SweetAngel

SweetAngel Member

I'm so very sorry. I recently lost my 2 (non diabetic) girls within a month.
    You did everything you could and by letting her go you did the most loving and unselfish thing.

9. Likameow

Likameow Member

i'm so sorry for your loss. it is never easy to lose a family member even one with four feet. Furry hugs and prayers from my family to yours.

10. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

wings_cat Fly free Kitty.

11. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm SO SO sorry it was sweet girl's time to cross....remember, she's not gone - you just have to hug her differently.

Soar high on your new Angelwings.....

BIG HUGE LOOOOOOOONG HUG,

12. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers

13. David & Kitty

David & Kitty New Member

Thank you all for your kind words. I just wish we could have caught this sooner, or there was more I could have done. I miss her so much :cry:

14. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Oh David, I am very sad to hear about Kitty. My heart goes out to you.

((((David and Spirit Kitty))))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.