Worth it!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ppp, Dec 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ppp

ppp Member

A note for other newcomers. Getting over the 'hump' of shooting and testing (once unimaginable to me) was really worth it for us. With his other problems making a long life very unlikely, I may not pursue the challenge of achieving remission (yet to be determined) but even in mostly 200 readings, my guy has turned around and is enjoying his life (right now), again. Many, many thanks for all the assistance here.

JanetNJ, JeffJ, Adam Flowers and 4 others like this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for posting this! I think there are many people out there who have a really hard time getting over their reluctance/fear of testing BG and/or injecting insulin. It truly is easier than you think. :D

Adam Flowers likes this.
  3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I agree. The ramp up in knowledge and treatment can be very daunting. But once you get the whole routine down, the (testing, treatment, feeding) all become mostly just repeat behaviors for human and kitteh. Many diabetic cats can live for years once they are treated properly with insulin and proper food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.