Would someone please look at my spreadsheet and advise

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Terry and Casey, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry and Casey

Terry and Casey Member

I did a curve yesterday on Casey and her numbers dropped in the 100's which has never happened before. I did not give her a shot last night. This morning she was 306. The only thing I can think of is that I picked up her bowl that had a little high carb kibble and she wasn't snacking on it later in the day. I gave her 2 units this morning. I am just not sure what to do from here. In process of transitioning to low carb food but she has had loose stools so I have been delayed in that. She pooped fine this morning! Should I take the dry food up...there's only a little left. Should I put down some lower carb dry...evo? I will get a mid-cycle test. Would someone please look at Casey's spreadsheet and give us some advice as to where to go from here. Thanks!

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

She may be bouncing a little from getting down to the low hundreds last night. Stick with the lowered insulin dose, so you can shoot safely twice a day. Reduce as needed to be able to shoot twice a day. Do try to get mid-cycle numbers in the +5 to +7 hour post-shot range, to see how low she is going. That is how the dose is adjusted.

If she is eating the canned OK, you may stop the dry. If not, switching out the high carb dry with the low carb dry is still an improvement.

If loose stools are a problem, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of plain canned pumpkin or canned/frozen squash with nothing else in it, may be added to the canned food and mixed in well. The additional fiber may help soak up some of the moisture.

Another option is to give some probiotic - Forti Flora (your vet may have, but cheaper online), or, if not dairy sensitive, a bit of plain yogurt with active cultures.

3. Terry and Casey

Terry and Casey Member

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. Last night I gave her half her IAms dry and half EVO. This morning her AMPS was 238 which is the lowest am preshot she has been. I'll get mid numbers today. I was able to test her urine this morning and no ketones...so that is good.

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

As you increase the low carb and take away the high carb, be sure to monitor carefully. It can make a big difference downward in the numbers. Our Oliver dropped 100 points overnight when we switched. It may be time to reduce the dose if you are going to be getting mid 200 pre shots.

Glad you are getting some mid cycle numbers today. That will be a big help.

The ProZinc protocol we put together is in blue in my signature. It might help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.