"Would You Rather" Wednesday

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Each Wednesday, I (or anyone else who so chooses; I love to hear from other people too!) will give you two choices and you have to pick one. This week's is:

Would you rather:

Never be able to use the internet ever again?
    OR
    Lose an eye and have to wear an eye patch for the rest of your life?

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sadly, this was easy: lose an eye.

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmmm, like any good politician would say, "I can't answer hypotheticals" :D

4. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

OhMyGod!!! It's like Sophie's choice! confused_cat

5. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i think i'd actually go with lose an eye. figure we got two right, one could be seen as a spare. LOL!!

although i hate the internet and computers in general since they have played a huge role in the demise of the world if you ask me, i do rely on them quite a bit these days, mainly for work but they do come in handy with the cats and stuff. :(

but i do think if we were hit with some huge catastrophic event that took technology away from us, we would adapt and go back to living more relaxing pleasurable lives than we do today. yes, the weak wouldn't adapt and we'd lose them but that's the nature of the beast :)

6. Sarah and Buzz

HAHAHA, this made me laugh out loud! Thanks, Judy. :)

7. Sarah and Buzz

So cavalier with the lives of others, Cindy! Good thing they're too weak to do anything about it. ;)

8. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

What a hard choice. Now, I took it seriously and I have to say I'd give up the Internet. I would miss it, but I'm vain and I don't want a patch on my eye. :mrgreen: Also, my brother lost an eye when he was a child and it had an major impact on his life. My mother always worried about what would happen if he damaged his good eye. And now he has glaucoma in the good eye.

9. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

OMG, I think I need to reevaluate my priorities!!! I've always been protective of my eyes, but apparently I'm not as attached to them as I thought, wow!

So I'm thinking someday they'll have a bionic eye we can get, where you can scan internet stuff right from your eyeball, right? It'll all be connected in there somehow so you won't even need a computer. So in THAT case, by sacrificing an eye now, we become the perfect trial subjects to get the new bionic eye. Yippee!!! And in the meantime, I bet they make some wicked cool eyepatches these days, so we can look awesome while waiting for technology to catch up to our vacant eye socket.

I think I might change my mind though when it comes to going under the knife, hard to say for sure. Hopefully I won't ever have to decide for sure. :)

10. Sarah and Buzz

Ooooh, bionic eyeballs! That is cool and scary at the same time. We could get PZI eyepatches, with that cool logo on it! Or neat patterns and crazy colors. This coming from someone who is too afraid to get LASIK. Hmm, maybe I need to rethink this question after all...;)

11. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Me too! I'm afraid that it's unproven in any long-term sense, and if something goes wrong and your eyes are weakened, etc., you might go blind or something. But if I barely even blink at the thought of losing an entire eye, yeah, maybe I need to rethink some things!!!

My mom just had cataract surgery - she's not that old & you wouldn't guess she needed it, but I guess her vision has been bothering her and she can't see colors well or something, so she went to the doc and it's bad enough to justify surgery. So anyhow, when the take out the cataract they give you a new lens or something, so she just tested yesterday with 20/20 vision in that eye!!!! Like the cataracts are turning out to be a plus LOL... she's better off now than she was before she got them!!! Weird. They didn't offer her a bionic eye though, as far as I know. :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.