WOWEE, LESS PEE! PMPS=191

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by greenae, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenae

greenae Member

For the first time in weeks, litter box not full! (Still defecating outside box, though :sad: )
    I am thinking of going completely over to FF Classic now, she's had a few days with the halfcan of Medley, halfcan of Classic. Maybe I'll see some green numbers?!

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Yeah on the less pee!!!!

You could switch the food over to all the FF classic, especially since you are home testing now and likely to catch any low numbers. How is her digestive system handling the food change? If you have seen or do see softer stools or diarrhea, than it's better to go slower on the food change. It's up to you.

Would it be possible for you to get a test at night before you head off to bed? That "one last test before you head off to sleep" test can help to give us some data for the night cycles. We recommend that one on a regular basis. As someone else says "If you're not testing at night, you're missing half your data."

On the pooping outside the box, is there only one box? Sometimes, cats like to do their various business activities in different litter boxes. Just a thought for you to consider.

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I believe most of the medley flavors are higher in carb more than 10% - so you are better only feeding the classics as they are under 10%. so if you remove the medleys chances are you will see better BGs.

4. greenae

greenae Member

Bubbles has eaten dry food for 15 years so I was trying to transition her slowly, she's not crazy about the Classic, but she's eating it mixed with the Medley. Her stool has definitely gotten much softer, but no diarrhea. She is still very difficult to test, so I feel lucky to be getting 3 tests a day; I did get one at night (178). She gets her food and insulin at the same time, every 12h, so I am figuring the middle of the day is the same as the middle of the night? She is not active at all, hasn't been for the past 2 years. I don't thinking she's burning up much, day or night. I'm a little chicken to start the Classics until the weekend when I am off, and can watch her more closely. I sure am happy to see less pee! :lol: Thanks for all your help...still trying to go green!

5. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Have you tried adding a bit of extra water to the Fancy Feast pate style classic food? It kind of makes a gravy if you add a tablespoon or two of water and stir. Some cats like it better that way. Also, it keeps them well hydrated. I make mine about the consistency of applesauce, unless I goof and add too much water and then it's soupy. ohmygod_smile

No problem on waiting to switch the food entirely to the classics this weekend. You might even think about starting Friday morning.

Well, not always. Many cats drop lower at night. You'd be surprised how much of a difference there can be. That is why we suggest some later tests in the evening cycle. It doesn't have to even be in the middle of the nighttime cycle. A test at +2 or +3 or however late it would normally be between the PMPS and your normal bedtime would be a good test to get.

6. greenae

greenae Member

Thank you! I will try both tonight. I started the Classic this morning...feeling more in control :cool: I just hate the way she growls and tries to bite the minute I touch her ear. But I am getting better at getting the drop more quickly and I am letting her eat a little food as a treat. We are going for a re-check with the vet later this week. I think he'll be happy (and maybe even impressed :lol: ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.