Xobaline Question... Sugars?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Christie & Willie (GA), Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Just got my Life LInk Xobaline in the mail today and the ingredient list was giving me concerns. The bottle I have lists both maltodextrin and fructose as "exipients." (which, yes, I actually had to look that one up in the dictionary... means they are binding agents!). Is Xobaline okay because while it contains these forms of sugar, the amounts are just very tiny?

After the lactose/methylB12 disaster that was Sunday's curve numbers, I'm a little nervous about this.

Any input folks have would be appreciated!

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

What type of methyl b-12 were you using before? I know xobaline has some sugar in it, but the 3mg pill is the same size as the 1mg pills I was purchasing locally, so I would think that they have less sugar in it than others. I personally have not noticed any change in Oscar's bg's from it, but that isn't to say that you won't notice a difference. If you try it and it bombs, then you should try their new version for cats that has no sugar in it - Zobaline. Literally just came out on the market.

3. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

It was a 1mg pill by Natural Factors I had picked up at Whole Foods. Having sunk $30+, hoping I don't have to spend even more!

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I looked at the xobaline and the sugars concerned me too, so I did my own research and found this one, it doesn't have any sugars

http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Vitamin-B-1 ... cobalamin/

which is why I liked it. It's also 5mg, so Maui got enough on a daily basis, even if she didn't finish her meal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.