Xuxu 1/17/13 750.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by DebH, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DebH

DebH Member

Our router went out and we just got the new one running. I've just reposted his sheet.
    Look at the last 2 days. He went down at the 2nd 10th hr yesterday, it was just a spot check, then back up to 750 an hour later. Today, he hasn't really gone down much at all. He hasn't eaten much either. I just gave his mirtazapine half a day early to get him to eat. and I'm finally convinced, I'll give a 2 wk trial to canned food only. It will mean confining him to the bedroom completely which he will hate. I hope he doesn't get depressed. But that's where I telework from so I'm there all day a couple of days a week.

I'm giving him 100 cc of subq fluids every night. That's the only thing he gets grumpy about. The blood for his tests flows easily, his gums and eyes are moist. So I think he is well hydrated. I felt I was giving the shots correctly before, but I've been very careful and attentive to how I'm giving him them the last 3 days. It sure seems like they are going clear through the skin, there is no lump like you get when it's in the epidermis. I'm using the standard 100 insulin needle.

We hoped his diabetes was transient, but if his BG is still 750, doesn't that mean he still needs insulin? I let him go 18 hrs before starting the Levimir and he stayed high.

I do have a human meter that I got a while ago. I just did a test with both, the AlphaTrak2 was 488, the Relion Ultima was 382.
    X

I do have ketone strips, but haven't checked him lately. I'll do that the next time I see him pee. I've even checked his temp and it's been around 100F every time.

On my problems, I do have a small hot tub, and have an Arthritis Foundation Aquatherapy class in a heated pool twice a week. That all certainly helps. But it's the regular massage that makes the most difference. I seem to have triggerpoints everywhere. Myofascial Pain Syndrome is one of those things that seems to come up with medical stress. Mine went big time after a hip replacement and lower back fusion. I've since had 3 more surgeries and there will be more, all for arthritis based problems. It's the reason I had to stop breeding and showing. I just couldn't do it anymore because I went to shows and took care of the cats by myself. Hubby helps with the cats now but he never had any interest in cat shows. And I always figured I needed to stop having kittens 20 yrs before I wanted to be completely free of pets so I could travel. Everyone I have left is over 10 yrs now, but they could all live to 18. Having 4 of them with health problems now is a handful, I can't imagine having a dozen more with problems in a few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.