Xuxu, 2/18/13, 56, something is changing

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by DebH, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DebH

DebH Member

Hi All,
    Thank you for all your good wishes for Xuxu. He seems stable now, as I mentioned, I've gotten aggressive about keeping his BG down even if I have to use R. But it does appear that something is changing now that his course of Panacur is over.

It seems like his insulin is lasting longer, like it's not being burned up so quick. I still have the problem of the Lantus sometimes not absorbing. But when it does, it seems to last 14-15 hrs, instead of the 10 hrs before. Even the R is lasting 6-7 instead of 5. It has meant that it's difficult to stay on a 12 hr schedule. I'm not going to give a shot when his BG is 56. But it's also different that he's not showing any symptoms of low BG at 56 now either. So I let it ride this time, kept an eye on this time, and yesterday when it was 70, and it did start back up.

And he's eating like there is no tomorrow and that is without the mirtazapine!!!!!. I'm still in the bedroom a lot with him. At today's checkup on my foot, it is still swollen postop and doc said I'm on it too much. And as soon as I put a can of food down, Xuxu dives for it, eats until he's mashed it down and can't get a bite anymore. Then he waits for me to notice and pile it back up again he is ready to eat again. He'll start on another cat as soon as the first is gone. I'd say he's eating the equiv of a 6 oz can of Friskies and a 3 oz can of FF a day. That's well over the 210 cal my vet says he needs. He does feel like he's weighing more.

I'm going to take him in for another blood check in 2 weeks to see if his eosinophils are still down and will get a weight then. We did see in the last test that his hemoglobin is down and looking back at past tests, he's been up and down, but always slightly anemic. i'm hoping this eating binge is correcting that too.

I'm hoping the PZI will come tomorrow. Even though he's doing better on Lantus now, there is still that pesky problem of not absorbing.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Glad he's hanging in for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.