YA and raw

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Squalliesmom, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I'm contemplating trying to switch to raw, again. Has anybody used the Young Again CarivoreRAW mix? It seems to be the most cost effective for feeding my four.

2. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Well, I was hoping to see some interesting responses, but none have appeared.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Me too! lol. If you try it Lucy, you have to give updates :)

Sharon14 and Squalliesmom like this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

You may have to be the Guinea pig

Squalliesmom likes this.
  5. Squalliesmom

Lol, I just bought $200 worth of cat food while it was on a really good sale, so the grand experiment may have to wait till August or September!

MJW likes this.
  6. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

I bought 2 bags of Primal Freeze dried raw to mix in with my tribe's Fancy Feast. We'll see if that makes a difference.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I'm feeding Primal to my kittens. I'm a little concerned that it might have too much bone as their stool is very dry and small. They love it though. I switched from freeze dried to frozen but keep some fd on hand in case I forget to thaw it out.

MJW and Squalliesmom like this.
  8. Squalliesmom

Can you add some extra water to the Primal, or is that not okay with raw?

MJW likes this.
  9. tiffmaxee

It's fine to add water and I do because they eat it straight out of the fridge. What a difference with kittens. They scarf it up even without the water. You just can't heat it.

MJW and Squalliesmom like this.
  10. Squalliesmom

I used to use the Nature's Variety frozen raw nuggets, and all my guys LOVED them, but they were really expensive to feed to 4 cats. I thought I might try the YA raw mix because it seemed more affordable than most, but then I ended up buying 18 cases of canned food when it was on a good sale, so now I'll have to wait till August, probably, before I can try it. I have enough canned food to feed a small army, lol!:joyful::cat:

MJW likes this.
  11. tiffmaxee

It's too bad raw is so expensive. I go through 3 pounds every 5 days now. Pet Food Express ends up costing $80 for 4 bags. I found a food that sounds really good as it uses egg shell instead of bone for calcium and doesn't include any fruit or veggies but it would cost more than double each month and I only have two to feed.

Squalliesmom and MJW like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.