YA dry

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AnnieL, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnnieL

AnnieL New Member

So I have been feeding my cat young again zero mature dry food for about a week now. And I need advice. Since he has been on it he has been having diarrhea every day and multiples times, and baddddd. It smells horribly. Also he's been puking almost every single day white/clear foam with a few dry kibbles in it.

So have other experienced this ? And if so what should I do ? Do I need to switch the dry ? Do I need to stick it out longer ?
    otherwise he gets 1 can pate fancy feast in the morning and in the evening

I am very frustrated and could cry as I'm sure it doesn't feel great for my kitty argg

Olive & Paula likes this.
  2. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Have you tried emailing the company? They are super helpful and might know what could be causing the diarrhea.
    My cat ate way too much bc I thought he would free feed... He ate 3 days worth in one sitting. Awful diarrhea, gassy, wouldn't eat and then puked a huge amount. This was all from him overeating! Is there any chance he's eating too much?

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

He probably over ate. Several of my cats did that the first week. One of my 7 can't eat it... I think she's sensitive to pork. Are you also feeding wet food?

4. AnnieL

AnnieL New Member

Yes also feeding wet. 1 can in the morning and 1 in the evening.
    He might be; at first I had a full little dish sit out all day but then realized because of his diarrhea and puking m this wasn't working so I changed the amount I give him. he is getting a very minimal amount of kibbles that are out throughout the day now.
    I mean unless I cut it down even more and I'm talking like 20 kibbles.

5. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Did you transition the YA dry food into his diet or just switch dry foods cold turkey? That can cause kitty to get diarrhea and upset tummy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.