Yaaaaay - Joey is OTJ

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RuthV, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuthV

RuthV Member

I'm so thrilled. I wrote his vet, explaining that I had done home testing, gave her the figures, said that I'd rather not subject him to a curve at the animal hospital, etc, etc.

She called and said that his figures were great, that she doesn't want a cat under 250 on insulin anyway, to just watch out for increased thirst and ravenous appetite. She cautioned me that he could become diabetic again, of course. Meanwhile, she said a once weekly blood test should be fine.

I was happy that she didn't pooh-pooh the home testing or question my results or his diet.

I'll keep the Lantus and syringes on hand tho. This is exciting - I can leave town now and have his old catsitter come in again just to feed an scoop boxes. He is definitely staying on his present diet of a can and a half a day of Friskies lo carbs. I just wonder what part the Lantus played in getting his bg down.

Thanks to all for helping and encouraging me through this period of time. :D

2. SaraJaye

SaraJaye Member

awesome!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats!!!!

4. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Great news :)

5. Buffy&Coney

Buffy&Coney New Member

Brilliant!!! :D