YEAH. 3/15/16 Smokey--AMPS 247; +5=205; PMPS 358; +3=386

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Mews-He was so sick yesterday.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...16-smokey-amps-329-4-425-pmps-505-455.154393/

GOOD NEWS sort of.

He doesn't have IBD or kidney infection. Vitamin levels are all normal, no mal absorption. IM said it doesn't mean he doesn't have it, he has the underlying conditions for it. But no active signs now.

He does have pancreatitis. Normal is 3.5 and Smokey is 9. Not sure what the numbers stand for, they will email me the reports.

He was so sick over the weekend. BS climbing (possible fur shot) not eating had me worried. I did boost his insulin when he hit 500. I know I should keep dose consistent, but went back to 2 this morning and will keep it here for the time being. Today he is eating, glucose down, alert and walking around. Far cry from last 2 days. Picking up med refills today. They won't give me a bottle of bupre but maybe my vet will so I have it on hand.

I will continue to transition to Ziwi food to help prevent IBD, but a least I know his regular is okay so if he isn't eating I can give that. Tonight is last dose for the marbofloxacin and tresaderm so I will finish those.

Overall I'm so relieved I could cry. I think I can handle pancreatitis and keep it at bay. To have both going on........ I don't how any of you handle all 3 at the same time. I have a new found respect for those of you who do.

Tonight DH and I are going out for our 31 yr anniversary. As DH said as long as Smokey is okay. He's a big softee. He will deny it but he was worried too. I would catch him sitting with Smokey more often and giving him scritches. Feeling his abdomen checking for pain, sneaking extra food to try to get him to eat. Remind me its time for his meds.

Gill & George likes this.
  2. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Happy anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful evening.

And I'm happy you ruled out some things and have a direction to go in for caring for Smokey.

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wonderful news Paula and so glad that Smokey is feeling better! Nice AM number too for all that he's been through. Have a great dinner out. This is one of mine and hubbies anniversary too. The Ides of March is when he proposed to me. :kiss:

Gill & George likes this.
  4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary! That is great news on Smokey and super happy to hear he is feeling better. Do you know what the test was for pancreatitis?

5. Olive & Paula

Congrats on your anniversary also.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Olive & Paula

I just got my copy. It waS fPLI, TLI, Folate, Cobalamin, and urine done at Texas IDEXX lab.

I'm assuming he had this in Oct also. The results from outside vet lab was 26 (range is 8-26) as it was earlier this month. But report said inconsistent with pancreatitis. So was told he was okay. So glad I pushed it this time.

7. Doodles & Karen

I'm glad you did too. I've been told "don't worry about this or that" for too long also. Sure I'm going to break the bank tomorrow but we're not leaving until every test under the sun is done. Sending more vines to you, DH and Smokey:bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Olive & Paula

I know the feeling. Now that I had two labs to compare, I asked about every single result that was at the end of range and any abnormal result.

This test is the serum GI panel and I think only done in Texas. IM said cetain labs specialize in certain body systems so why not go to the best.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Reason for edit: typos
  9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That is good news. I'm so glad Smokey is feeling better and eating for you. I hope you can get out and enjoy your Anniversary. Happy Anniversary. Sending prayers for Smokey. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Doodles & Karen

Doodles had all those tests done in July at Texas A&M but not since then. Back then his Serum fPLI was .8. Ok, done hijacking your post. Thanks for sharing and just happy Smokey seems to be feeling better and you got some answers. Try to enjoy your Anniversary today!

11. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

So happy that you are seeing an improvement with Smokey:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Happy Anniversary, have a lovely night out with DH:kiss:

12. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

The importance of testing at home for the presence of ketones can't be overstated. All unregulated kitties should be frequently monitored, particularly if other systemic stressors are happening. It's easy and inexpensive.
    A stitch in time saves nine.

13. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

I'm glad you've identified what's really going on with Smokey. It's much better to actually know what you're dealing with. I'm glad you finally got some answers!!

Happy Anniversary. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.