Yeahhhhhh!! LePew gets to come home!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LynnLee + Mousie, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

perinephric cyst! that's what the u/s found!
    don't know much about it just yet but it's not cancer and it's not a major surgery and it's not pts!!!!!!!!
    :RAHCAT

they drained 375ml of urine out of him and he's waking from the mild sedation they gave him and i can pick him up and bring him home by the end of the day!!

gotta do some reading now and come up with my questions but whewwwwwwwwww!!!

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

that is a LOT of P

3. HollyandSpader(GA)

HollyandSpader(GA) Well-Known Member

hip hip hooray!

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeahhhhhhhhh!

5. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

6. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

That's great news!!!!!!! :D

7. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat

8. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i totally realized that not many here probably even know what i'm talking about. LOL!!

LePew is my elder kitty who went blind a few months ago due to hypertension. and his kidneys were just barely barely out of norm so we set up a recheck for his kidneys for this month. took him in saturday for his kidney/blood pressure recheck. no big deal except i noticed that morning that his belly seemed to be really hard, like a rock.

mentioned it to the vet and as soon as she felt it she asked if she could do x-rays. sure. i waited in the lobby and soon thereafter she called me back with the words "we've got a problem"

the x-rays revealed what appeared to be a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE right kidney. it was the size of a small orange. she said it could be hydronephrosis, possibly cancer, possibly a cyst, etc.....

she gave me info on hydronephrosis and prepared me for my many options, further tests, pts, major surgery, possibly horrible pain within the next 24 hours or so, for him, not just me, etc.....and sent me home with pain meds and her cell phone number in case i needed her on sunday. she wanted me to go home, come to terms with this sudden development and talk to fiance.

after talking to fiance, and her again saturday afternoon with questions, assessment of his then current behavior, we put him on the schedule for further tests today, starting with the ultrasound. then, depending on what they found there, decisions as to more testing or whatever would be made.

ultrasound revealed the above and LePew is in my possession once again. :D it is something we'll have to keep an eye on though as it can re-fill, etc.....so we'll see what the future holds but for now he's all good :D

9. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Awesome that LePew gets to come home!! I bet you are so relieved ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.