? NEED HELP Yemala 10/20 AMPS 492; +3 503; +4 516* +8 499*; +11 586; +2 443*; +5 116*; +6.5 126

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hroswitha, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Hroswitha

Hroswitha Well-Known Member

Well, so much for the nice surf. Mala has jumped back to the highest of her ranges.

However, this is the longest she's stayed this low. In all other low cycles, she's reverted to high numbers within a cycle; the previous long one was less than 2. I am cautiously optimistic.

Davey bean said "nah" to a dose increase of .25, which we had considered right before we got this lovely surf. I'm thinking "yup" this evening.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I would just be attentive to whether or not the bounce is breaking at shot time. Shooting if the numbers are dropping can be challenging!

3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

She had a good run in blue/green yesterday, and nadir was at 68, with you steering with food, I don't know if that leaves much room to take her up.
    However the 0.75u hasn't seen her in green to often.
    If you happen to shoot an increase as the bounce is clearing keeping her from diving fast may be quite tricky.

Just looked at the labs you posted yesterday, I'm no expert, but her Phosphorus doesn't look too bad, and from what I've read she seems to be in range for a ckd cat, so binders may well not be necessary at the moment. Here's a link to Tanya's CKD site with info on phosphorus ranges and P control

http://felinecrf.org/phosphorus.htm

And info on other blood parameters such as creatinine and BUN
    http://felinecrf.org/diagnosis_blood_chemistry.htm

May be worth reading before you next speak to vet.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  4. Hroswitha

503 at +3. I've never seen her this high before.

+4 516. She's rising at what should be onset. Should I be worried?

5. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

How is she doing now? Is it possible she got a furshot this morning?

6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Looks like a bounce, they will stay high and flat during a bounce, numbers may bobble about but essentially no clear curve.
    The 492 and 516 are essentially the same, remember there can be 20% meter Variance.

7. Hroswitha

Davey here, and yeah, I'm worried I might have given her a furshot this morning too; ain't like three-quarters of one unit is gonna leave a big puddle. Man I hate these dinky stubby little needles on TB syringes.

8. Hroswitha

Nee here again. My question is this: is an increase to 1 u reasonable? Yes, the .75 got her down into the blues and greens for 3 cycles, but that's the first since we increased the dose and the longest. We don't dose based on PS values, and we don't dose on nadirs. I'm thinking it's based on patterns we see from the accumulated data.

9. Rosie & Bailey

So, maybe that's the way to tell the difference between furshot and a bounce?
    If it's a furshot, numbers go higher, but you can still see a curve?
    @Hroswitha
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do with the dose. I know how nerve wracking the bounces can be.

10. Hroswitha

One additional piece of information - we just switched meters yesterday. I finally ran out of the Accucheck Aviva strips, and I'm using One Touch Blue. We have checked the calibration, the strips are fresh, but the meter is a little harder to deal with.

Of course, none of this may be an issue.

+11 is 586.

I'm too dispirited to get a PMPS. Hugging my little girl a lot today.

11. Hroswitha

Shot one unit. We'll check her around +2 and update.

12. Hroswitha

A little down from the +11 AM test. 443.

How odd is it that I find the red comparatively comforting?

She's nibbling her lc food again. Little girl prefers mico-meals.

13. Rosie & Bailey

We've all experienced the bounce. It is disconcerting, but hopefully Yemala will be surfing green again soon.

14. Hroswitha

What the hell? At +5, she's at 116.

Can someone look at this and tell me how we're messing this up and where we go from here? Maintain a 1 u dose? Return to .75?

Feeding Mala again, she's eating her low carb food happily. She is oblivious to what's going on and how frustrated and scared we have been today.

15. Rosie & Bailey

Can you modify your title to include the words "Need help" so that your thread catches the eye of the more experienced folks?

Also, did you double check by using a second test strip?

16. Hroswitha

I did. Whenever we get extreme changes in readings, a second check is SOP.

17. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

116 is still a totally safe number....no reason to panic

But that fast drop is probably going to set off another bounce, so if she's sky high again in the morning, don't despair ….it's totally normal.

18. Hroswitha

I can stay up some to feed and test. she's almost always willing to eat, so I can keep an eye on her. At least until around 2 AM, set an alarm for 2 hours after that.

Keep the 1 u dose tomorrow?

Or drop it back? I know we're not supposed to be this reactive, but she scares me when she's near 600 in the afternoon, and 120 by bedtime.

19. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you home tomorrow to test?

If she's above 150 and you're home, I'd go with the 1U again

20. Hroswitha

I will be largely home, if not me, then Davey will.

Someone will be here to monitor.