Yemala out of remission. 478 fasting.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hroswitha, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hroswitha

Hroswitha Well-Known Member

Hi all. Yemala, at 19, has had an amazing run of good health. In June of this year, she was diagnosed in early stage 2 CKD. Her lab work today indicates that she is no longer in remission.

We will be starting her on lantus once we get supplies. She's already eating low carb food, now food designed for kitties with CKD.

I will post full labs once I have the time. Glad to know you all are still here, sad about having to return.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet.../edit?authkey=CPbCvrIK&authkey=CPbCvrIK#gid=0

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hello back. Yes, sorry that you are returning and Yemala is no longer in remission. But, my oh my, seven years! You may want to change the date on the BG 478, instead of today 09/25/18 it is 6/25/18. Anyway, welcome to the grand dame and hopefully she will be feeling much better soon.

3. Hroswitha

Hroswitha Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clever catch. I was thinking of the CKD diagnosis instead of today's difficult news.

Yemala is now 19 years old. Here we were, thinking that with an early diagnosis of CKD, we could shepherd her through several more years of torti attitude. She's *****y, but she lights up my life.

Don't want to despair, but this is a blow.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

No problem, re: the CKD, I don't remember which, or how many, of the members is/are dealing with CKD, but you are not alone. Maybe post in the Main Forum and get some attention and help there. I hope you won't despair about the FD, it is a blow, but nothing you can't handle. You might be out of practice, but there are some very experienced and knowledgeable members in the Lantus forum and throughout. Lots of info and support here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.