YES!!! 08/29 Blackie AMPS 277; +6 180; PMPS 208; +5 371

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23524

I honestly thought that I'd be waking up to either a high pink, or a low red this morning, considering the way she was acting (like she was when she had high pinks and low reds LOL). I'm truly glad to see that she FINALLY gave me a yellow (and almost a mid yellow at that, too) a month after we've started Lantus. I'm holding this dose for 10 cycles, then will increase. Didn't think I'd be increasing the dose after 6 as I want to give her body some time to adjust, especially after the bounce.

I think I'm learning this dosing thing, etc... Very slowly I'm learning. LOL :)

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 08/29 Blackie AMPS 277

Good morning Angela

and a very nice yellow too :D Nice to see that!

Have a good day and good luck with the new dose!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Great to see yellow! Good girl Blackie! Happy for you both! :mrgreen:

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Nice yellow AMPS for Blackie! Yay, it looks like she's on the right track...now bring it down to the blue floor, please! :smile:

5. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

+6 180 @ 11:37 a.m.

Is that blue enough for ya? LOL I'm extremely happy. :)

6. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: YES!!! 08/29 Blackie AMPS 277; +6 180

Way to go Blackie!

7. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Blackie...you & i seem to be color-coded today...feels good, doesnt it?

binks

8. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Great +6 today Blackie keep it up :mrgreen:

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

YIPPIE!!!!!!!! We are BLUE at +6. Nice job there Blackie - feels good doesn't it. :D

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Just a suggestion (not a criticism, but I see an education opportunity so I'm seizing it): it's often a good idea for newbies to hold doses that give them some blue, so we can be sure that dose isn't going to settle in and give them some green. We do that a lot of times because many newbies don't test very much, and we need to ease them into lower numbers.

You are NOT one of those people who doesn't test enough! In an ideal world, the idea behind tight regulation is to get them into good numbers as quickly as is safely possible. We don't WANT them to "settle" in pink and yellow. The more time they spend in those numbers, the harder it is to get them to break through. I think Blackie would do fine with increasing every 6-8 cycles until she is more consistently in blue. You can see that it I did that for Jazzy on her way up the dosing scale, I didn't let ANY grass grow under her feet until she got closer to the numbers I wanted. When Blackie does break through and start getting lower numbers, I have every confidence that you'll be able to manage it. Just my thoughts, do with them as you will. :smile:

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just to reinforce what Libby said, early on -- in fact, until relatively recently -- I struggled with the same issue. Gabby would be at a dose and she's show mostly yellow, a touch of pink, and then would give me a surprise with a bit of blue or green. I'd hold the dose. In part, I kept hoping I'd get a repeat performance of blues or greens. What I finally was realizing is that the longer I let Gabby dwell in higher numbers, the more used to being in higher numbers she became. If you look at the last week, I was becoming apprehensive that Gabby had lost some very good momentum as a result of low numbers and having to skip a shot. Rather than waiting, I increased her dose after 5 cycles and we're back in greens and blues.

I found that once I got over the intellectual hurdle of raising the dose, I was able to see the wisdom in not letting Gabby sit in those higher ranges, even if she was below renal threshold most of the time.

12. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

well said, libby and sienne!
    blackie has been in high numbers for awhile now. progress is being made. like libby said, don't let grass grow under her feet. :D
    you're seeing a break here. i'd take off and run with it!

just my thoughts...

13. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Re: YES!!! 08/29 Blackie AMPS 277; +6 180; PMPS 208

PMPS 208 @ 5:31 p.m.

This is her 8th cycle, so with that in mind, I'll be increasing it another 0.25u tomorrow morning. I'm guessing that she gave me some blues earlier today. Keep in mind, though, that I expect a bouncing cat again in about a day or 2. LOL

14. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

I like it!

+1 please if you can :D

15. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

A blue number for Blackie, yay! And a barely yellow PMPS too! Looking good! :D :D :D Good luck with the dosecrease, Angela!

16. Janice & Johnny

Janice & Johnny Well-Known Member

Looking good, Blackie! Good luck with the dosecrease, Angela. :D

17. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

PMPS +5 371 @ 10:26 p.m.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.