Yes it's Baxter

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jenn & Baxter, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenn & Baxter

Jenn & Baxter Well-Known Member

Hey friends!
    Does anyone remember Baxter & I? We were popping in to say hello to everyone.
    Baxters SS is far from updated. I am going to start working on getting it updated. So I will just give a quick recap. PS are mostly in the upper 200's. we just started a new bottle of insulin because his numbers weren't moving much. Today Baxter told me he had a UTI & how he needed to go to the vet. Hopefully, after the antibiotics he will have some movement in BG.

I hope everyone is doing well! ;-)

Jenn & Baxter

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Good to "see" you, Jenn. I'm glad Baxter is doing well - too bad about the UTI but treating it may help those bg levels. Miss the Baxter stories! :D

3. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh Jenn I'm so happy to hear from you. I've been worried about you.

I hope the UTI clears up fast and his numbers come down some.

How is your sister?

PS: there is a new beauty to our group that Baxter might want to check out, she might just make him want to give up that waitress at IHop :D .

4. Well, it's about time you visited! Hi Jenn, missed you and Baxter lots.

Don't be a stranger, okay? (At least update the SS so I can give you some unsolicited advice :lol: )

Hope you are well,
    Carl

5. Jenn & Baxter

Jenn & Baxter Well-Known Member

I know, I know....I figured I would be in a little trouble with a few. ohmygod_smile

My sister is in her final week of radiation. She is finished with chemo & had surgery to remove the mass & lymph nodes & some tissue. Thank you so much for asking & thinking about us.

I am going to work on Baxters SS. There is nothing to cheer about. No greens or low 100's. :sad:

I will be posting. I thought at one point I might have had FD figured out....well obviously I don't. Does anyone? I sure would like to meet that person. Its going on 1yr since Baxter was DX (Nov. 13). What a life changing day for Baxter & I. I wouldn't change it because he is still here with me.

Carl you know I need that advice. So when those numbers are updated feel free to give all you got. I will take it.

Thank you everyone!

What's the new kitty Baxter might like? I want to check her out. :D

6. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

That kitty is Ms. Lucy, her mama bean is 123Joan. Hold on tight to Baxter, she's a looker!

7. Angela&Henry

Angela&Henry Well-Known Member

Hi Jenn,
    I have been away for awhile too and just got on and saw you had posted.
    Glad you, your sister and Baxter are all ok.
    We started compounded PZI on Oct. 17 when we ran out of Prozinc and Henry is not in blues at nadir anymore either, we reduced dose on this new insulin and are still working on tweaking dose back up.
    Here's to good BGs for Henry, Baxter and all the other PZI kitties!
    Angela

8. Dragonfly229

Dragonfly229 Member

Baxter! I missed you, buddy! I've been feeling really good, mom says my numbers aren't the greatest but at least they are stable. She finally talked to the vet today and I am going to try some new stuff since she can't get the old stuff anymore. Maybe it will work better and I can go surfing! Keep in touch, ok? Every time Mom gives me turkey for dinner I think of you.

yur frend,
    Linus

We are going to try Levemir because our vet can't get ProZinc at all. She called me ready to prescribe Lantus, I asked for Lev and she looked it up and said "oh, this may be even better for cats than Lantus." I pick up the prescription tomorrow, and will get it filled and try to switch on the weekend when we are around. I will still check in here for sure, Linus would miss talking to his frends otherwise confused_cat

Wish us luck!

9. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

Hi Jenn
    Nice to see you
    SOrry to hear about your sister, I pray all goes well for her
    Glad to see that Baxter is still doing good too!
    Stay strong my friend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.