Yesterday vs. This AM

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yesterday's numbers were all in the 200's. And I gave 1.25 unit both shots. Last night's PMPS was 223 and 3.5 hours later I tested before I went to bed and he was 202. This morning he was 366 and I gave him 1.5 u. I think I boo-booed and perhaps should have given him 1.25 still. I saw he was in the pink and thought I should increase. Should I have stayed at 1.25? All the information is whirling around in my head and I get so confused sometimes. Sigh......

2. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

In my experience with ProZinc, you should change the dosage only after 3 days. It takes a while for the kitties body to adjust. This would be different if kitty's BG is already too low, then if your vets office is open you should call and ask what to do.

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't know, Bobbie. It may be that 1.5 caused a bounce overnight. Maybe plan to do your increases in the day so you can monitor what is happening. But, having said that, remember it is only one number. We are looking for overall trends and patterns. And generally, he is doing very well.

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

There are many thing which go into creating a glucose level. We only control the insulin we give and the food.
    His pancrease may work a little and variably.
    He may have bounced from going lower and/or dropping more suddenly than his body is used to.
    His activty levels, stress (other cat interactions, neighborhood cats and critters), and other hormones may vary.
    Different batches of food can have different proportions of protein, fat, and carbohydrate.

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I increased this morning to 1.5 after the higher number this amps. I probably should have stayed with 1.25 again. I hear what your saying as it being one number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.