? Yet another question.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Olive & Paula, Oct 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Regarding treats. Doe anyone know carb content of Pet Greens Semi Moist made with roasted chicken?

I've had them in the house for all my cats. I give only 1 to Smokey after test. Just wondering.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Don't know the carbs, but I just looked them up and they have rice, potato and maple syrup.

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.
  3. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

Hi! As per @Sharon14 's comment, pretty much anything with combination of rice (carb); potatoes (carb) and syrup (pure sugar) would NOT be considered a safe treat. Even little "one's" here and there can be considered "one step forward, one tiny step BACK" every time dry food is consumed :(
    Stock up on PureBites!! These are 100% PURE chicken, no other crap. Most cats looooove them, and they're safe. Or, you can keep a container of boiled up, chopped up, chicken breast in the fridge. My guy loves that too!

Here is an image (Oh, get the "dog bag", you get about 3 times the amount for the same price. But you'll have to chop them into little cat bites. Definitely worth the time!!)

Darcy and Lebowski purebites.jpg

4. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

I used the Pure Bites treats too. :)

Squalliesmom likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

I will look for them, thanks. I do keep boiled chicken in the fridge. It's what he gets at +3 and +6 for his snack. Still can't break these 2 feedings.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  6. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, (very EASILY I could be wrong! heehee) but I think it's not so much to break the feedings in between the shots, but to keep their tummies happy, and to not feed within 2 hours prior TO an AMPS or a PMPS test. I always have wet food out for my 3 to snack out throughout the day and even when I go to bed. My one civvie "Vinnie" tends to inhale most things anyway, so rarely is there anything left. But at least it is there for them for the most part.

Veterans? Yes/no?

7. Olive & Paula

It seems these 2 feedings after his normal breakfast and dinner are the ones he actually demands. He paws at your legs, constant crying and if ignored he pushes the empty dish around. After the +6 he's done until the AMPS and PMPS meal. At one point if he doesn't get these feedings he vomits. On rare occasion he will go +4 hrs.

I think 1 pc of the kitty green treat at test time shouldn't be to bad. But I will get some Pure Bites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.